.

.

Monday, September 7, 2026

Monday Musings...

Anxiety is hitting me hard at night. So many intrusive thoughts invading my headspace and leaving me thrumming with nerves. I eventually fall asleep for a few hours and wake up exhausted. I feel like I am yawning my way through each day. It's getting old. 

My reading is at a standstill. I was engrossed in my last Shari Lapena novel, but can't seem to find any interest lately. I have other books sitting on my nightstand that I started and stopped. It's frustrating me, because I do want to be enmeshed in something. The question is what do I want to be reading? Hmm...

I have a routine that I follow in the morning- a journaling routine, to be specific. Except, I can't be bothered with it at the moment. So, my journals just sit on my desk mocking me. And all of those blank pages are depressing me. I need to get back no track with writing it out. 

The only show I can seem to stomach lately is Psych. So, I am rewatching it for the second time and laughing out loud each episode. 

Oh, I've been walking in the morning and that is good. I enjoy watching the sky wake up and being outside. I just need to make sure I keep it up. 

And now, I will go and figure out what to eat for dinner and hopefully I'll read a little bit. Wishing you all a lovely week. Hopefully you are gobbling up books and enjoying the idea that fall is near. Take care!

3 comments:

Juliann said...

I wake up with good intentions for the day bit I am too easily sidetracked. My morning walks seem to be the only routine I have not abandoned.

Nadia said...

That's smart to keep the walks going. It can be easy to abandon things, because life can definitely sidetrack us. Waking up with good intentions is always a wonderful start :)

ElunedHermitCrab said...

Sorry about the anxiety! At least you have some Psych re-runs to keep you company.