.

.

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Son Complex by Kris Williamson


Guess what I just received in the mail?  An autographed copy of Son Complex - the fantastic debut novel by Kris Williamson.  It is currently the #1 book on the Kinokuniya Asian Fiction bestseller listTalk about exciting! I seriously can't wait to dive into this "fascinating" and "unique" story about a young man looking for his father in Malaysia - from what I hear, its unputdownable!  So, I am going to bid you all, "Adieu!" and get lost in Kuala Lumpur via my new read, Son Complex

By the by, here's the summary of the book:

Aaron, a 23 year-old American, comes to Malaysia for the first time. His mission: to meet Nasri Aziz, the politician he believes is his biological father. A man who has no idea Aaron even exists.

Encouraged by the letters of his late mother Nora, Aaron seeks to find out more about her life in Malaysia in the 1980s. Aaron's arrival comes as a complete surprise not only to Nasri but his wife (who wants to be known only as Datin) and son Iskandar, a teenager who leads a darker double life.

While working to gain their trust, Aaron discovers a complex background of secrets and lies. And it is up to Sundari, the controversial NGO activist who was Nora's confidante in Malaysia, to reveal the shocking truth.

Sounds pretty interesting, eh?  Well, get yourself a copy and read all about Aaron and his journey to Malaysia and all of the secrets and lies he discovers along the way.  I know I'm excited to find out what happens. 

Thank you to Kris Williamson for providing me with a copy of his debut novel, Son Complex!

4 comments:

Ti said...

I have not heard of this one. You always find the most interesting reads.

Nadia said...

Ti, thanks! I actually heard about this one, because my friend wrote it. Its his first book, so I'm trying to help spread the word. I'm really excited for him ;)

The Relentless Reader said...

Oooh, that sounds GOOD! I hadn't heard of this one either. I love hearing about new books :) I hope it's great and I can't wait to hear what you think of it

Nadia said...

Jennifer, so far I'm really liking it. I'll definitely let you know what I think when I finish it :) And, I know what you mean - I love hearing about new books! Always puts a smile on my face.