.

.

Tuesday, November 19, 2013

Sputnik Sweetheart, anyone?

Guess what I will be reading over Thanksgiving?  Haruki Murakami's Sputnik Sweetheart!  I'm actually going to be reading the book with  Ti, from Book Chatter.  She happened to mention in a recent post that she was in the mood for some Murakami, specifically Sputnik Sweetheart.  I happen to own a copy of the book and have been craving Murakami, so I shared this with Ti and the next thing you know - we agreed to read the book over Thanksgiving break!  How fun is that!?!  So, if you happen to have a copy of the book or have already read it and want to chat about it - join us!  The more the merrier! And, don't worry - its not going to be a formal readalong.  Its actually going to be more like two Murakami fans geeking out over one of his books.  So, definitely join in on the fun. 

Just so you know, Ti will be using the following Twitter hash tag #readingsputnik when chatting about the book.  Hope to catch you on Twitter-sphere talking about the book! 

7 comments:

Ti said...

Yay! I so needed this. I love what you said about geeking out. I can't wait.

Nadia said...

Ti, me too! I can't wait to dive into Murakami :)

Bellezza said...

Agh! I just started The Goldfinch. But if I don't get to Sputnik Sweetheart over Thanksgiving I'll definitely read it early December and come see your thoughts. And Ti's, too, of course.

Nadia said...

Bellezza, I totally understand. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on Goldfinch and Sputnik (if you get to it). Happy reading!

Athira said...

Looking forward to hearing what you guys think. I will be traveling come Thanksgiving, or else I would try to join in.

Tamara said...

Love some Murakami - sorry I missed your shared read (although I'm not on twitter yet, this type of experience could convince me???). I'll look forward to seeing your thoughts if you post about it.

Anonymous said...

I read Sputnik Sweetheart this year. I hope you had fun reading it :) The ending sort of 'irritated' me though haha :)