.

.

Friday, October 24, 2014

Bookish and Non-Bookish Thoughts...

You guys, the weekend is almost here and that means sleep!  This week has been a bit of an emotional drain, but now its time to put those feelings aside and dive into a few days of reading, sleeping, and spending time with family.  And, finally getting to watch some good TV or movies - it is Halloween month after all!
  • Since it is October I baked my Halloween sweet treat that I am famous for amongst family and friends.  Monster cake! Talk about delicious!!  Chocolate cake, butterfingers, cream cheese, caramel and whipped cream - need I say more.  Nom. Nom. Nom.
  • The Walking Dead was super good this past Sunday.  It was chock full of intrigue - like, who is Father Gabriel and what secret is he hiding.  Who is driving that black car and where is Beth?  Were the hunters watching Rick and his gang or was it Morgan?  And, did Bob get bit; if so, does that mean the hunters are eating tainted meat?  Oh, and why did Tyrese lie about killing that creep?  Ugh! So many questions!  I loved it!
  • Look what I bought! Hurrah! I saw her interview of CBS This Morning and went out to buy a copy ASAP.  I love this series and am excited to find out what Becky is doing in La La Land.
  • I'm excited to watch The Good Witch's Wonder this Saturday.  I just love this movie series on Hallmark and look forward to the new movies that air each year.  Especially, as they tend to keep the same cast throughout the movie series - I hate when they swap out actors for new ones.  This film centers on Cassie's stepson getting married and I'm sure there will be plenty of drama surrounding that event, along with a bit of magic.  I can't wait!
  • I'm finally reading my copy of O magazine.  So far I've jotted down a few new book titles to add to my TBR list and have thought about using a few of the recipes mentioned for Thanksgiving.  Plus, I loved Gayle's find - the steps to happiness (because who doesn't want to be happy?)  Here goes:  
          • 1. Decide to be happy
          • 2. Make it a priority
          • 3. Let go of judgements
          • 4. Be present
          • 5. Be grateful

And now, I'm ready for the weekend.  Hope you all are enjoying some great new reads.  Happy reading!

5 comments:

Brandie said...

Happy Friday!! I haven't watched last week's TWD, yet. Need to do that this weekend!!

I hope you enjoy the new Shopaholic book!

I love that list for happiness. It's so true, and you think it would be easy, right!?

That dessert sounds AMAZING. I could go for that right now. :)

Have a great weekend, Nadia!

Ti said...

Someone mentioned that Gareth seemed to know Bob. I was like, yeah.. from Terminus but then they said that maybe Bob was part of Terminus early on... like before Gareth took it over. Remember that comment he makes to Bob right before he clues him in on what's just happened to him? He says something like, we'd do this to anyone but it's ironic that it's you.

Nadia said...

Brandie, thanks! Happy Friday to you!! Yes, you need to catch up - its sooo good! So far, I'm loving it! These types of books always put a smile on my face :) Me, too! I just wish it were as easy as that list - LOL! It was delicious! I'm making another next week for Halloween! Hope you have a great weekend, too!

Ti, OMG! That would be crazy if it were true. He did say that to him, didn't he? I just thought he was referring to when they were at the trough and Bob was trying to talk with Gareth. Hmm...this show is full of surprises! I love it!

Bellezza said...

I can feel your joy from over here, and with that cake no wonder! I've been tired too, lately, and can't help but wonder if it's from the read-a-thon last Saturday, not that I didn't love every minute. I'm looking forward to Death Comes to Pemberly on PBS tomorrow night. Would love some your cake to accompany it, let alone your presence. ;)

Nadia said...

Meredith, thank you for that :) I read your post and am so glad you enjoyed the readathon- sounds like you were able to connect with so many dear friends :) I'd forgotten about DCP - thanks for reminding me! And I would love to share monster cake with you - I think you'd love it. I imagined we'd have a great chat over it. Hope you have a terrific week dear friend!