.

.

Monday, November 17, 2014

Christmas At Tiffany's: A Novel by Karen Swan

(Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:

What do you do when the man you pledged your life to breaks your heart and shatters your dreams? You pack your bags and travel the big, wide world to find your destiny—and your true love . . .
Ten years ago, a young and naïve Cassie married her first serious boyfriend, believing he would be with her forever. Now her marriage is in tatters and Cassie has no career or home of her own. Though she feels betrayed and confused, Cassie isn’t giving up. She’s going to take control of her life. But first she has to find out where she belongs . . . and who she wants to be.
Over the course of one year, Cassie leaves her sheltered life in rural Scotland to stay with her best friends living in the most glamorous cities in the world: New York, Paris, and London. Exchanging comfort food and mousy hair for a low-carb diet and a gorgeous new look, Cassie tries each city on for size as she searches for the life she’s meant to have . . . and the man she’s meant to love.

my thoughts:

Christmas at Tiffany's is the funnest and most lighthearted chick lit novel I've read in ages. Its a little on the long side (nearly 600 pages!!), but the story moves at a rapid pace and soon you are so caught up in all the drama that you don't even realize its three in the morning and you are halfway through the novel.  I really loved it! And as you all know, chick lit is one of my favorite genres, so I was super excited to sink my teeth into this one.  I just love stories about starting over and rediscovering one's self.  So, I knew that Karen Swan's novel, Christmas at Tiffany's was going to be a delight to read.  After all, it had a group of best friends, NYC, London, and Paris, along with makeovers, glam lifestyles, and romance.  What more could I want in a chick lit book?!

Cassie has just found out that the love of her life has cheated on her with her new BFF.  And they have a kid together.  Ack!! Talk about a nightmare come to life!  Her best friends rush to her side and resolve to help Cassie get through this devastating time.  For four months she will live with each best friend in their respective homes and cities (NYC, London, and Paris).  She will get one year to try on their lives and see what she's been missing and just what exactly it is she wants from life.  Cassie will get to know her friends better than ever and discover things about them, their friendship, and her own life that will change her dramatically.  There will be makeovers, romance, and friendships that will prove beyond a measure of a doubt that friends do have your back.  With a cast of quirky characters, fantastic cities, and lots of drama - Swan has written a terrifically entertaining read that you will find unputdownable.  I absolutely loved Christmas at Tiffany's!!  And, I would definitely recommend this book to fans of chick lit - you will LOVE it!!

Here's the TLC Book Tour schedule for: Christmas At Tiffany's
Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!

7 comments:

Lark said...

600 pages? A LITTLE long?
But it does sound like a lot of fun. Maybe over Christmas break. :)

Nadia said...

Lark, I know! When I first saw the book I wasn't sure I wanted to read it, because it looked way too long for a chick lit novel. Turned out to be a quick read, so it was fun in the end :) Hope you enjoy it!

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

Fun and lighthearted sounds like a wonderful combination for me right now! I'm glad you loved this one so much. Thanks for being a part of the tour!

Nadia said...

Heather, it was such a fun read. Thanks for having me on the tour :)

Sheila (Bookjourney) said...

Is it really that long? I have this one for review.

bermudaonion said...

That is long but it sure does sound like fun!

Nadia said...

Sheila, it was that long :( Hope you enjoyed it though.

Kathy, it was a fun read, but way too long. Should have been edited.