.

.

Wednesday, July 1, 2015

Paris in July begins...NOW!

Yep, its that time again!  Thyme for Tea's annual Paris in July month long event is back.  Hurrah!  All things French all month long - how exciting is that!?!  I am super excited to join in on the fun.  I plan on reading some great books, listening to Tiersen (my go-to for French music), and finding some new-to-me films to watch.   And, I'll be indulging in some macarons as well.

Here are the books I plan on reading:


What do you think? Not a bad batch, eh?  Do you have any suggestions for me?  I'm excited for the Hemingway and the Laurain.  I'm also hoping to watch a movie or two.  And, I can't wait to read what everyone else posts about for  Paris in July.  Should be a fun month! If you want to join in, then head on over to Tamara's blog, Thyme for Tea, to get all the details.  Hope to see you there!  Au revoir!

11 comments:

Ti said...

This event sounds like a lot of fun. If I wasn't hosting a read along I'd consider it. I SO want to visit Paris someday.

Nadia said...

Ti, it is fun. I do it every year and really enjoy it. I want to visit Paris, too :) And I totally understand why you can't participate. Enjoy Atlas!!!

JoAnn said...

I loved The Girl You Left Behind... probably my favorite of the three Jojo Moyes novels I've read. A Moveable Feast is wonderful, too. It was one of my Paris in July reads a year or two ago. This is going to be a great month :)

Nadia said...

JoAnn, thanks! I'm excited for the Moyes book now :) I'm just starting A Moveable Feast and so far I'm loving it :) I'm excited for the month, too! It is definitely going to be great!!

Sharon said...

I really enjoyed Hemmingway's A Moveable Feast, hope you enjoy it, Paris at a different, and in a way more interesting time.

Nadia said...

Arabella, I love your description of the book. Makes me eager to read even more of it ;) Thanks!!

Bellezza said...

Oh, I loved A Moveable Feast! The Paris Wife gave me a whole new appreciation of Hemingway, after which I read everything of his I could. Right now I'm reading Stendhal's Scarlet and Black for Paris in July. Nothing like a little light reading, eh? But, I also have Almost French by Sarah Turnball I'm looking forward to, and a brand new French perfume to post about. Looking forward to our discussions. xo

Lisbeth said...

I loved 'A Moveable Feast' as well as 'The Paris Wife' a must read if you like Hemingway. I had already read it before last year's Paris in July but went on to read 'Hemingway, The Paris Years' by Michael Reynolds which shows it from his own angle. I have never read anything by Moyes, but almost everyone else seem to have. Hmm, I might have to try him out.

i can really recommend 'The Untouchables' with Omar Sy and Francois Cluzet (no it is not the mob movie, but has the same name). An absolutely wonderful film.

Really looking forward to this month, which is one of my favourite challenges. I will have a French dinner on Saturday and have started a historical fiction novel on Edith Whartin's life in Paris.

Molly said...

I have read A Paris Apartment and The Moveable Feast (although I would love to read it again sometime). I have seen the Red Notebook on several lists recently and think I might have to add it to my own TBR pile.

Brona said...

The red notebook is getting a lot of love this month - I'll try and fit it in too:-)

Nadia said...

Thanks everyone for all your recs. Everything sounds so good! Paris in July is turning out to be so great this year :)