.

.

Sunday, December 20, 2015

Edgar and The Tree House of Usher by Jennifer Adams

(Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book: (from Goodreads)

Inspired by Edgar Allen Poe's "The Fall of the House of Usher"

"It was a dull, dark, and soundless day in the autumn of the year ... " when the mischievous raven Edgar heads to his friend Roderick's house to work on their tree house. Edgar dashes his sister Lenore's hopes with the ever-popular phrase "sisters are not allowed," until a storm starts to brew and the two boys realize that sometimes the best things happen when you decide to stick together. The third picture book in the popular Edgar series is sure to warm the hearts of kids and parents alike.


my thoughts:

What an absolute treat!  I fell in love with Edgar, his little sis Lenore, and his BFF Roderick. The two boys are determined to have a tree house just for themselves - Lenore is not allowed!  And then a storm knocks their little clubhouse down, leaving them with the realization that sometimes you need an extra hand (like, your little sister's).  In the end, the trio build a nest to hang out in.  Talk about learning their lesson. Plus, how cool is it that Adams uses Poe's short story, The Fall of the House of Usher, as inspiration to create such a terrific book?!  As a fan of Poe's works, I just loved seeing his story re-imagined for kids.  I found Edgar and The Tree House of Usher to be a cute and fun story.  The illustrations are wonderful and really help bring the story to life.  I think this book would make a perfect gift for kids.  I know I can't wait to give a copy to my friend's son - he is going to LOVE this book! 

2 comments:

guiltlessreader said...

I loved this too :) All of Jennifer Adams books are just delightful!

Nadia said...

guiltless reader, yay! I'm glad to find another fan of Adams' books - they are such delightful reads :)