.

.

Wednesday, January 6, 2016

Books, books, and more books...

Christmas came and left me the proud owner of several new books.  Hurrah!  Now, I just need to find the time to read them all.  Which one should I read first?




 

Not a bad pile, eh?  The Lahiri is pre-ordered, so I'll be on the lookout for it come February 9th.  Until then, which one should I dive into?  Any recommendations? 

What about you?  Did you get any books for Christmas?  If so, what did you get?  Something great to kick the new year off with? I hope so!

Happy reading!!

5 comments:

Brandie said...

Yay for new books!! I miss getting books at Christmas. Since I've gone totally eBook, I never get them as gifts anymore, and that's kinda sad!

Nadia said...

Brandie, Yay indeed! I didn't know you were totally eBook- whoa! I'm not sure I could do that. Then again, sometimes I find that all I read are books on my Kindle- so, who knows. That is sad you don't get books anymore as gifts. Fingers crossed you start getting gift cards for Amazon, so you can get some eBooks :)

Terra said...

Christmas and books, a perfect combination. My husband and I keep buying more books, we buy faster than we can read. I like your selections, those first 4 look especially good. For Christmas I got "Christmas at Thompson Hall and other Christmas Stories" by Anthony Trollope and I love it, even laughed out loud.

Tamara said...

Wow - great collection Nadia! I like the look of the Lahiri novel - I'll have to watch out for that in Feb... I was treated to alot of outdoor gear (gardening etc) for Christmas so I wouldnt complain - but I didn't get any books either. It's nice to see what other people are giving/getting. Cheers.

Nadia said...

Terra, so true! I know what you mean, there are just too many good books to pass up on - its an addiction :) I've only read a bit of Trollope, but really enjoyed it. I'm jotting down Thompson Hall and other Christmas Stories to add to my wish list - thanks!

Tamara, thanks! I love the look of the Lahiri and can't wait to read it. I love her writing! I never get any books for Christmas, so I was most definitely pleased this year :) Sounds like you got some great stuff for Christmas! Happy 2016!!