.

.

Tuesday, April 19, 2016

The Art of Calm: Photographs and Wisdom to Balance Your Life by Rebecca Ascher-Walsh

(Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:

Let’s face it: the more we rush around, the shorter the days can seem. Packed with page after page of inspirational ideas to help you bring your life back to center, this is the perfect antidote to reducing the chaos of everyday life. Filled with exquisite photographs and insightful quotations, this elegant book offers an opportunity to enjoy guilt-free “me” time, as well as easy suggestions for a more peaceful existence—from keeping a bud vase on your desk to tucking yourself into bed an hour early with a book you love. The brilliant images are a reminder to savor the world’s natural beauty—and ease the mind in an instant. This enriching, beautifully illustrated book is an inspiring guide to relaxation and harmony. Simple tips for how to unwind, ideas for spending quality time with loved ones, and illuminating quotes offer ideas on how to slow down and savor life’s simple moments.

my thoughts:

Talk about the perfect book to de-stress with! Filled with fabulous quotes, soothing photos, and helpful tips; The Art of Calm is the go-to book for inspiring its readers to focus on finding balance amidst all of life's chaos.  I absolutely loved it!

Lately, every day is filled with lists and lists of things that have to be done ASAP, leaving little to no breathing room for a ten-minute break.  Its crazy and tiring!  So, I was very excited to find myself with a quiet morning and this handy little tome to peruse over a nice cuppa.  I flipped through the pages and got lost in the images of trees, the beach, seashells, and flowers.  I read quotes by amazing and insightful figures like Louis May Alcott, Michelle Obama, Jane Austen, and Oprah Winfrey.  And the tips scattered throughout were fun and thoughtful - there's even a recipe for brownies (Yum!).  My favorite tip was, "Start every morning with beautiful words by subscribing to a daily poem online. It's food for the mind and the soul." Who doesn't want to wake up to beautiful words, right? 

The Art of Calm turned out to be the perfect book to help remind me that I need to remember to spend a little time with myself now and again.  So, I plan on carving out an hour each morning ( and I mean early morning ) to just read, write, and enjoy a nice cuppa while the rest of the worlds sleeps.  I think it will be a great way to kick off the start to my days. 

To find out what other book bloggers have to say about this amazing book, check out the link to the TLC Book Tour schedule for: The Art of Calm
Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!

3 comments:

Terra said...

This book sounds both calming and helpful.

Nadia said...

Terra, it really is. I think you'd rather enjoy it :)

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

Beautiful books are such a pleasure to hold, to look at, and to read. I would love to have a copy of this to enjoy for myself.

Thanks for being a part of the tour!