.

.

Friday, September 2, 2016

Its baaaaack!

Fall is in the air, or at least it feels like it thanks to Carl from Stainless Steel Droppings and his awesome reading event: R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI.  Yes, its back and I am so darn excited.  I'm already imagining, hot chocolate and creepy reads - the perfect combination to kick-start the Fall season. 

So, what exactly is R.I.P. XI you wonder.  Well, here's some info to fill you in on all the fun:

R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril, or R.I.P. for short, is a participatory event created by Carl of Stainless Steel Droppings, wherein we the people spend however little, or much, time we want over the months of September and October imbibing all things ghastly and ghostly.

The purpose of R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI is to enjoy books and movies/television that could be classified (by you) as:
Mystery.
Suspense.
Thriller.
Dark Fantasy.
Gothic.
Horror.
Supernatural.
Or anything sufficiently moody that shares a kinship with the above.

There are two simple goals for R.eaders I.mbibing P.eril XI
1. Have fun reading.
2. Share that fun with others.


There are multiple levels of participation (Perils) that allow you to be a part of R.I.P. XI without adding the burden of another commitment to your already busy lives. There is even a one book only option for those who feel that this sort of reading is not their cup of tea (or who have many other commitments) but want to participate all the same.  For details on the various Perils check out the Stainless Steel Droppings website.  And, just so you know, there is a review site where you can a link to your R.I.P. XI posts and check out what everyone else is reading or watching!

How fun does that sound?  You know you want to join in.  I know that I can't wait to figure out which spooky books I want to read. I'm thinking Stephen King will be included on my R.I.P. XI TBR list.  And, I know that I will be aiming for at least four books and a couple of creepy movies, which means I'll be going for:
and
Pretty awesome, eh?  Well, I hope you decided to join in on all of the fun.  I'm off to peruse my bookshelves and find something thrilling to read for R.I.P. XI.  Happy reading!!

5 comments:

Beth said...

Can't wait to see what you pick!

What movies do you think you'll choose? I always forget that's an option.

Hope you have so much fun!! :)

Nadia said...

Beth, thanks :) I'm not sure which movies I'll see just yet, but I'm excited to pick them. Hope you have loads of fun with R.I.P., too :) Can't wait to read your posts about it!

Ti said...

I just love this event. I hardly ever read what I list but so be it. It's just fun and it kicks off my favorite season.

Nadia said...

Ti, me too! Its one of the best events of the year :) I'm with you - its such a fun way to kick off Fall.

Lisa said...

I didn't think I was going to have time for this this year with September being so full of book commitments - until I realized two books I'm committed to read actually fit in. Can't wait to see what you choose.