.

.

Friday, January 20, 2017

My Friday Five...

FIVE albums I've been listening to on repeat all week long:

Pretty good mix, eh?  I've been sifting through my old CDs trying to think of new playlists to make for the gym.  These five albums called out to me and I've been listening to them ever since.  I was thinking that they'd make a great nostalgia mix.  I have to admit that I'm getting tired of listening to Drake, Rihanna, and Selena Gomez (over and over) while I work out.  I need something new (or old) to listen to. 

What about you? Listening to anything you want to recommend?  Let me know.  I need ideas for gym music.  In fact, I have to admit that Pearl Jam and Smashing Pumpkins just popped into my head while I was typing this.  Hmm...perhaps a nostalgia mix is a good idea?

Hope you have a great weekend!! Happy reading!!

6 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I love R.E.M. and Counting Crows!

Nadia said...

Kathy, me too :) Such great music!

Brandie said...

I'm so bored with my music choices lately. I've been watching This Is Us while I run because it's better than my music selection. Lol.

Nadia said...

Brandie, me too. I've seen a few of the episodes - such a good show! Hmmm, TV is not a bad idea for when I'm on the treadmill :)

Lisa said...

Love, love 10,000 Maniacs and R.E.M. One of my go-to albums for getting myself moving is No Doubt's Tragic Kingdom, it's all so upbeat and fun. In fact, I tend to listen to older music when I work out because that nostalgic element puts me in a good mood which is always a good thing when you're trying to push yourself.

Nadia said...

Lisa, yes! I love those bands so hard. Tragic Kingdom is such a fun album - definitely a great one to get you moving :) I hadn't thought about that, but you are so right about nostalgia and how it affects my mindset through music. Love that!