.

.

Friday, February 17, 2017

My Friday Five...

1.  TWD.  Finally! Its back on the air and I'm excited to find out where this season takes us.  I love seeing Rick and Michonne on the same page again.  That scene where they mow down the walkers was brill.  I'm not happy with Carol, Morgan, Gabriel, Rosita, and Gregory.  In fact, I could pretty much do without all of their unnecessary dramatics.  I didn't like Daryl staying behind, because anytime they separate something happens. As for the ending - a new group? Say what?!  I'm thinking its a new group who may be able to help Rick and the Hilltop finally take down Negan.  My fingers are crossed!

2.  Midori.  I wound up buying a Midori notebook instead of a Sojourner one (for now).  I bought the passport size in dark brown.  I wanted a small one to keep in my purse.  Plus, I wanted to see whether or not I would even like them.  Well, I did.  So, I ordered a black one in the regular size and I can't wait to get my hands on it.  I want to start keeping a journal again and figure that this would be a great notebook to start fresh in.  I will admit to having an addiction to journals - I buy them all the time.  I have a stack of them waiting to be written in.  I've been jotting down quotes in the same one for two years now.  I should just use the ones I have, but I've been seeing so many people rave about the Midori that I wanted to get one.  Plus, I thought it would be a nice reward for sticking with the gym for nearly two months now (1 month and three weeks).

3. Death Cab for Cutie.  I've been listening to Ben Gibbard and gang all week long.

4.  Books.  I received these lovelies earlier this week:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32025142-white-fur?ac=1&from_search=truehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/17591963-stranger-than-life?ac=1&from_search=true
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30267610-the-arrangementhttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/30649227-if-i-m-found?ac=1&from_search=true

5.   RHOBH.  OMG!! What a show!  The group is still in Mexico and things are definitely heating up.  Last week Kyle found out via Pump that Rinna has been telling Eden crazy lies about her and her sister, Kim.  This week, Rinna and Ashley are in Mexico.  Kyle is uncomfortable knowing that Rinna was talking crap about her family.  EJ decides that Kyle's husband's company party is the time to tell Rinna that Kyle is upset with her.  Seriously!?  Is it in their contracts to always fight at parties?  Anyhow, Rinna goes up to Kyle and tells her that EJ said they should talk.  Kyle confronts her in front of everyone.  Rinna acts beyond shocked that Eden would accuse her of saying such horrid things about Kim and Kyle.  She is shocked and feigns innocence.  Of course, Bravo shows footage of Rinna telling Eden that Kim is still imbibing, near death, and Kyle is enabling her.  I loved the flashbacks - hilarious!  Pump wants Rinna to "own it" a la last year's reunion where Rinna shouted at Pump to "own it".  No one owns anything here.  Rinna denies it all and then goes outside to cry about it.  Talk about a buzzkill.  Next week we see Rinna confronting Eden - I can't wait!  Reality TV is my vice.

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!! Happy reading!!

10 comments:

Brandie said...

My husband watches TWD, and I caught a few minutes of it while he was watching it the other night. It's not something I watch regularly, but will watch it if it's on and I'm not into a book.
Some great new books!!
Have a great weekend, Nadia!

Nadia said...

Brandie, TWD is so good! Yes, finally some new books that all sound so good! Thanks :)

bermudaonion said...

I don't know either of those shows but your books sure look good!

Nadia said...

Kathy, thanks! I'm looking forward to those books :) I need a good read.

Athira said...

I am SO behind on TWD. I sort of stopped watching it after the first episode, unintentionally, and now I just struggle to find the time to catch up. I will, some time soon though.

Nadia said...

Athira, you need to catch up. Its going to be such a good season :) Or at least I'm hoping it is considering what we had to deal with last season.

Andi said...

I'm itching to try a traveler's notebook! I know I don't need ANOTHER plannery/journaling thing, but that doesn't change the fact that I want ooooone!

Nadia said...

Andi, I know what you mean. I have a huge planner that my sister bought me last year that I am trying to use. But I realize that I am more of a notebook person who tends to jot things down in lists. And I love keeping quotes and writing down thoughts and feelings in a journal. I figure I can do both in my new traveler's notebook :) Its addictive, isn't it? :)

Terra said...

I am writing in my daily journal since my heart was broken in November, it has a Van Gogh cover and a magnetic clasp and I like it. TWD is great, hope the good guys start winning. I don't know what the other show is.

Nadia said...

Terra, I love that you are writing in your daily journal, but I'm so sorry its because your heart was broken :( Yes, TWD is great and hopefully they will start to win :) The other show is a crazy reality show about housewives living in Beverly Hills - its just like Real Housewives of Melbourne, which I just love - Chyka is my favorite!