.

.

Tuesday, February 20, 2018

Curses, Boiled Again! A Lobster Shack Mystery by Shari Randall

(Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:

Welcome to the seaside hamlet of Mystic Bay, where the fish is always fresh, the folks are ever-friendly, and murder is on a roll. . .

Allie Larkin was living her dream as a ballet dancer when a bad fall put her out of business. Now she’s back home in Mystic Bay to heal a broken ankle while also helping her dear Aunt Gully get her Lazy Mermaid Lobster Shack off the ground. Nothing would help Gully more than winning the local food festival’s Best Lobster Roll contest. The competition is sure to be killer―especially after one of the contest judges dies after eating a roll from one of Gully’s biggest rivals.

Soon, all eyes fall on Gully as the prime suspect. Allie may only have one good leg to stand on, but she’s not going to let her aunt go down for a crime she never could have cooked up. Can Allie, along with her devoted crew of friends, family, and customers, find a way to trap the killer and claw herself out of this hard-boiled murder case?


my thoughts:

Cozy mysteries are where its at! They are fun, quick and easy reads that hook you in right from the start.  Chock full of quirky characters living in a small town, you can't help but get caught up in their dramas, town gossip, and murder mysteries.  I know that I love to gobble up these stories as often as I can - they always seem to cheer me up with their light, engaging stories.  Plus, there are so many to choose from, which I just love.  The latest series is a new one called, A Lobster Shack Mystery and the first book is Curses, Boiled Again!  How fun is that title?!  I have to admit to cracking up when I saw the cover and the title - I just knew I was going to be in for a treat.

Allie is a ballet dancer who is living her dream, when a bad fall leaves her with a broken ankle and out of work.  So, she travels back home to Mystic Bay to recuperate and help out her Aunt Gully, who is trying to get her lobster shack off the ground.  There's going to be a food festival and Aunt Gully is aiming to win the Best Lobster Roll contest - she knows it will do wonders for her business.  Unfortunately one of the judges dies after eating a lobster roll from Gully's biggest rival, which leaves everyone to believe she is behind the deadly lobster roll.  How crazy is that?!  Allie knows she has to save her Aunt Gully from these false charges, so she rustles up her friends and family to help her solve the mystery of whodunit. 

Talk about a fun and cute story! I just loved getting to know the citizens of Mystic Bay through their dramas, town gossip, and this murder mystery.  This book was such a delight to read.  The twists and turns made the murder/mayhem aspect thrilling, while the descriptions of the town and its people made for some light humor.  I really enjoyed trying to figure out who the culprit was, along with cheering on Allie as she worked to solve this crime. 

I would definitely recommend this book to fans of cozy mysteries - you will LOVE this new series!! 



Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book!

2 comments:

Vintage Reading said...

Boiled again, indeed! I like the sound of this. Sometimes quirky is just what you need.

Nadia said...

Nicola, I know, right?! I loved the cover and title - so pulpy. Plus, these cozy mysteries always have quirky characters that I can't help but love. Definitely a fun read.