.

.

Friday, October 19, 2018

My Friday Five...

1.  Flu.  Ugh. I have the flu and it won't leave me alone just yet. I've been ill for two weeks now and it is driving me bonkers. The only positive thing to come from being sick is that I am reading - a lot.

2.  Books.  Yep, I've been reading, reading, reading.  Here are some of the books I've read:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37510667-goodbye-paris?ac=1&from_search=truehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/35438675-seventeen?ac=1&from_search=true

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41191523-the-colours-of-all-the-cattlehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/37859267-women-talking

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40604126-american-like-me?ac=1&from_search=truehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/34709995-the-lido?ac=1&from_search=true#

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41136479-the-perfect-family?ac=1&from_search=true#https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/28419239-needful-things


3.  Journals.  I've always written in a journal, but lately I seem to be obsessed with buying journals instead of actually writing in them. So, I'm trying to make myself journal every day.  I use washi tape and stickers to decorate the pages, thinking it will inspire me to write more. So far, it seems to help.

4.  TV shows.  Yep, I am still watching the Housewives.  Its OC right now and I am just loving their trip to Jamaica.  You can clearly see how divided these women are and you just know that fireworks are going to explode come next Monday.  As for TWD (The Walking Dead) - what happened?! The premiere was disappointing - nothing major really happened, Rick is boring, and everyone seems unhappy. Ugh, not a good sign for the season to come.  I am watching AHS: Apocalypse and it is MAJOR! I am loving it!! Witches v. Warlocks - how could I not love a season like this, right? Better Call Saul - what a fantastic season!! The show is a slow-burn, but it is gold. I am just loving watching Jimmy become Saul - its sad and exciting all at once.  Oh, and I am watching The Little Couple - they are back on TLC.  The family is moving to FL, so that is what this new season will focus on. So far, I've seen them look at huge houses to buy, while their kids run around screaming.  And, the other show I am now hooked on is A Million Little Things - the one with Berger (from SATC) where he commits suicide and we see how his family/friends cope.  Yeah, its definitely emotional, but its really good.  I started watching because the actor from Grimm is on it.  Anyhow, those are the shows I've been gobbling up each week.  By the by, I read that there is going to be a Grimm spin-off, which I am very excited about - woo hoo!!

5.  Music. Sufjan Stevens is on the brain this week. Love his music!



Hope you all have a great weekend!! Happy reading!!

9 comments:

Ti said...

Still sick? Has it turned into bronchitis yet because everyone here went right into bronchitis. I've been avoiding it with apple cider, cayenne, honey shots.

I haven't seen this week's AHS yet. I had disastrous things happen to me last night which sucked up my viewing time. I hope I can watch it tonight.

Nadia said...

Ti, I am finally feeling better - woo hoo! Thankfully no bronchitis (fingers crossed!). That's awful that everyone is getting that. Definitely do what you can to avoid it.

I haven't watched this week's ep, either. I'll try to this weekend. That rots that disastrous things happened last night - sorry about that. Hope that everything's okay now. Take care!

Lark said...

At least you weren't too sick to read. Hope you're feeling lots better now!

Nadia said...

Lark, I know, right? Thank you!!

Brandie said...

Nadia, I'm so sorry you've been so ill. I hope you're feeling much better now!
I'm curious about Goodbye, Paris. I hope it's good!

Nadia said...

Brandie, thank you! Its been crazy how awful this flu has been this year. Luckily, I am finally starting to feel better :) Definitely read Goodbye, Paris - it is so good! It was much better than I thought it would be.

Lisa said...

Sorry to hear you've been sick! At least you can read; I find that I can't read any more when I'm sick, like I used to.

Dianna said...

Hope you feel better! I had the flu a few years ago (even after a flu shot) and it was horrible.

Nadia said...

Lisa, thanks! Definitely, the books comes in handy when you are sick in bed. That rots - well, hopefully you won't get sick then :)

Dianna, thank you! Yes, it really is. Take care!