.

.

Tuesday, October 15, 2019

Finding Christmas: A Novel by Karen Schaler

(Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:

With all the glittering decorations, twinkling lights, snow angels, gingerbread men and mistletoe, Christmas is Emmie’s first love.

This year, she can’t wait to share her favorite Christmas traditions with her boyfriend, Grant. She thinks he’s “the one.” So when Grant’s hectic work schedule has him more “Bah Humbug” than “Ho, Ho, Ho,” Emmie creates a holiday-themed scavenger hunt to help him find his Christmas spirit. At the end of the journey, Grant will arrive at the charming town of Christmas Point where she’s planned a romantic weekend filled with holiday activities.

But Emmie’s plan backfires when a mix-up has the wrong guy following her clues! Sam, a best-selling mystery writer, thinks Emmie’s clever Christmas riddles are from his agent, who is trying to help him get over his epic writer’s block.

When he arrives at Christmas Point and finds the stunned Emmie, he immediately feels she’s someone special, but she can’t see beyond the fact that the wrong guy has shown up. Inspired by the small, charming town, Sam decides to stay and convinces Emmie to join him in a little holiday fun while she waits for Grant.

When Grant finally shows up, Emmie is disappointed to discover he’s not enjoying the activities she planned and can’t help wonder if he’s really the one for her. She also can’t get Sam out of her mind and all the great times they had together. With Christmas coming fast, Emmie will need the magic of the season to help steer her in the direction of true love…

my thoughts:

Fall is here and you know what that means...Christmas is right around the corner. Woo hoo! I'm so excited for the upcoming holiday season that I'm already jotting down my list of Christmas treats that I plan on baking. And, I've already figured out the Thanksgiving menu. I am ahead of schedule for once and I love it. So, I figured it was time for a bookish treat.  Thankfully, I was given the opportunity to review Karen Schaler's latest novel, Finding Christmas. Talk about a must-read for me. The title alone beckons me to pick up a copy, but that book cover screams at me to "Read me!" ASAP.  I mean seriously, a gazebo lit up with a beautiful Christmas tree smack dab in the center, how could I not want to read a book with that cover? Plus, I absolutely LOVED Schaler's last book, Christmas Camp.  So, I just knew that I was in for a holiday treat with Finding Christmas.  And let me just say, Schaler did not disappoint. Her newest novel is chock full of holiday cheer, romance, and a bit of drama; all of which I happily gobbled up. In fact, it reminded me of Hallmark's Christmas movies (my FAVORITE holiday movies), which I just loved.

So, what's the story about? Well, Emmie LOVES Christmas.  And, she loves Grant, her boyfriend.  She thinks he may just be "the one."  So, she decides to cheer him up (he's bogged down with work) and create a holiday themed scavenger hunt that will lead him to a charming little town named Christmas Point, for a romantic weekend.  Except, things don't exactly work out as Emmie planned. You see, another man winds up following the scavenger hunt and meeting Emmie in Christmas Point.  Yep, Sam thought the hunt was for him and he's pleasantly surprised when he meets Emmie. She's not happy.  So, Sam tries to get Emmie to join in on some holiday fun while they are in town.  Of course, sparks do fly, but Emmie believes her hear to lie with Grant. However, when Grant finally does show up in town, Emmie realizes that he may not be "the one" after all.  And, that is all I will write about this delicious treat of a read.

I would most definitely recommend Finding Christmas to fans of Schaler's work and anyone looking for their next great read - you will LOVE this book! The writing is fantastic and the characters are fun, relatable, and unforgettable.  This is one book that will delight you and fill you with some Christmas cheer.  Definitely, check it out.  

Here's the link to the TLC Book Tour schedule for: Finding Christmas
Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

It's hard to believe it's time for holiday books already, isn't it? This sounds terrific!

Lark said...

I have to get through Halloween before I can start reading Christmas books! But this one does sound cute. :)

Sara Strand said...

If you need a place to send Christmas treats, I'll give you my address. I love treats and I hate making them. Ha! I'm so glad you enjoyed this one, I have it on my list to read, too. Thank you for being on this tour! Sara @ TLC Book Tours

Nadia said...

Kathy, I know, right? The holidays hit earlier and earlier each year (but I do love it). It is terrific!

Lark, LOL! I know what you mean, but this year I need some jolly in my life and these books hit the spot :)

Sara, LOL! That's my favorite part of Christmas - making the treats and jamming out to Xmas music :) Definitely enjoyed this one - such a great read! Thanks so much for having me on this tour.