.

.

Tuesday, November 26, 2019

Women: The National Geographic Image Collection

(Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:

This powerful photography collection, drawn from the celebrated National Geographic archive, reveals the lives of women from around the globe, accompanied by revelatory new interviews and portraits of contemporary trailblazers including Oprah Winfrey, Jane Goodall, and Christiane Amanpour.

#MeToo. #GirlBoss. Time’s Up. From Silicon Valley to politics and beyond, women are reshaping our world. Now, in anticipation of the 100th anniversary of the 19th amendment, this bold and inspiring book from National Geographic mines 130 years of photography to showcase their past, their present, and their future. With 300+ stunning images from more than 50 countries, each page of this glorious book offers compelling testimony about what it means to be female, from historic suffragettes to the haunting, green-eyed “Afghan girl.”

Organized around chapter themes like grit, love, and joy, the book features brand-new commentary from a wide swath of luminaries including Laura Bush, Gloria Allred, Roxane Gay, Melinda Gates, New Zealand prime minister Jacinda Ardern, and the founders of the #MeToo and Black Lives Matter movements. Each is accompanied by a bold new portrait, shot by acclaimed NG photographer Erika Larsen. The ultimate coffee table book, this iconic collection provides definitive proof that the future is female.

my thoughts:

Oh my, gorgeousness! Women by The National Geographic Image Collection is beyond stunning.  I fell in so deep with this beautiful tome chock full of images of women from all over the world.  These photographs captured so much emotion, history, and livelihood - they were brilliant. I spent days with this book, just pouring over the each picture and finding myself smiling, tearing up and just taking it all in. The strength and fortitude of women is crystal clear throughout the book and I just loved that. Women is one book you most definitely don't want to miss out on. It is truly special and makes for quite the reading experience. I absolutely LOVED it to bits. And, I can't wait to share it with loved ones - I just know they are going to enjoy looking through this book and placing it front and center on their coffee tables.

I would happily recommend Women to fans of National Geographic and anyone interested in their next great read - you will LOVE this book!!

Here's the link to the TLC Book Tour schedule for: Women
Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!


2 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I love National Geographic books and this one sounds particularly good.

Sara Strand said...

I loved this one, too!! I loved seeing women all over the world living vastly different lives than me. It was interesting showing my daughter and having conversations with her about it. Thank you for being on this tour. Sara @ TLC Book Tours