.

.

Thursday, July 1, 2021

Paris in July!

 

It's time again for all things French. Yep, Paris in July is back (thanks to Tamara from Thyme for Tea for hosting and creating this terrific challenge) and I am thrilled to be participating in this challenge. All month long I will be reading books and watching films set in France (or written/created by French authors/directors/actors), listening to French music, and indulging in some French foods. Talk about bliss! 

I'm thinking of Jean Rhys. I recently bought a few new editions of some of her books and was leaning toward re-reading Good Morning, Midnight. What do you think? 

Not sure what else I'll read, but I'm looking forward to figuring it out. Also, I decided to make my journal Paris themed this month. So, I'm really looking forward to decorating it and writing about this challenge. 

Let me know if you're participating, too. Or, if you have any book recs you'd like to share. 

Happy reading!!


7 comments:

Ti said...

You know me. I could never participate in something like this because my focus would be all over the place. I LOVE the sound of it though. I can't wait to experience Paris through your posts.

Mae Travels said...

It's been ages since I read Jean Rhys -- looking forward to your reviews.

best... mae at maefood.blogspot.com

stacybuckeye said...

I'm looking forward to getting some good book and movie recommendations this month!

Jeanie said...

I haven't read much by Rhys and it has been a long time. I'm anticipating Paris in July tremendously.

Marg said...

Looking forward to seeing what you decide to share with us this month!

Lisbeth said...

Sounds like a good idea to read Jean Rhys. I have read 'Wide Sargasso Sea' and 'Voyage in the Dark' by her and liked them very much.
I love journaling but do it irregularly. A good idea to theme it Paris. Maybe you would post some images of it. I would love to see how you journal.

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I think I've been looking forward to Paris in July since last July. I found Zola last year, and now I'm eager to read more.