.

.

Friday, February 2, 2024

Currently Reading...

(Thank you to Restless Books for providing me with a copy of this book!)
 

I've just started reading this book and can already tell I am going to LOVE it. I am enjoying the characters, the story, and the writing - all of which makes the perfect recipe for a great read! I'm so excited to continue reading it later today. Hurrah! A new book to mark the beginning of February - how lovely is that? Plus, this will by my second read for my friend, Meredith's, JLC17 (Japanese Literature Challenge 17 - a reading challenge she created and hosts; this is the 17th year!) - I took the month of January to slowly read Murakami's Men Without Women - which I really enjoyed. It's a collection of seven of his short stories, which felt like the right way to kick off the JLC17 for me this year. And now, I'm excited to be immersed in The House of the Lost on the Cape. It's a nice change of pace from Murakami. And, if feels like a refreshing way to start off February - a new-to-me author for a new month (a leap year one to boot!) - Woo hoo! 

And now, I'm must get back to my overflowing to-do list. Wishing you a lovely weekend! Happy reading!



Thank you to Restless Books for providing me with a copy of this book!

4 comments:

Lark said...

Good luck with your overflowing To Do list! And I'm so glad you're starting off February with a book that you love. :D

Nadia said...

Lark, thank you for the luck - I need it :) Yes to books we love! They make starting a new month more exciting. Hope you are having a lovely Saturday!

Marg said...

This sounds like a book I would love too!

Nadia said...

Marg, it was such a good book! I'm so happy I read it. Definitely pick it up when you can :)