.

.

Friday, March 29, 2024

My Friday Five...

1.  Books. The Moth Presents: A Point Of Beauty is my current read and I am LOVING it. I love this series - true stories selected based on the theme of the book, or of The Moth event. I always find myself in awe of the honesty and openness of the storytellers. As for their stories, I am always left pondering the fact that we all have our own stories to tell and they are always so varied and different, and yet, we can still connect because of them. These stories remind us that we can always find a way to relate to one another and that is amazing. 


2.  TV shows. I've been rewatching Seinfeld and LOVING it. I find myself laughing so hard and it is the best. I also watched One Day on Netflix. I read the book ages ago and remember throwing it when I got to the end. So, I wasn't eager to watch the show. I liked parts of it, but still got upset at the end. So, it wasn't a favorite. I was rewatching Grey's Anatomy, but I stopped again. I just can't seem to get past season 15. Oh well. 

3. Journaling. I've been watching journaling videos on YouTube and feel more inspired to write. And to keep it simple - which is how I used to journal.  Paper and pen is all I need. I just need to remind myself of that. Instead I find myself reaching for stickers, stamps, etc. and then wind up barely writing. Ugh. 

4. Albums. I just ordered two Sarah McLachlan ones and I'm excited. I used to listen to her music all the time and I have CDs of her music. So, I didn't really need to order the vinyl version, and yet, I did. Yikes! I couldn't help it. And, now I'm stoked to listen to them again. 

5. Music. I've been listening to Madonna. True Blue. Love that album! And, of course, Like A Prayer, which is the BEST. 


Hope you have a terrific weekend. Happy reading!

2 comments:

Lark@LarkWrites said...

I always liked Madonna's True Blue album. I listened to it a lot when it came out. And I still find it hard to believe that Gray's Anatomy is in its twentieth season. I didn't watch it much after Christina left and they killed off Derek, though I have caught some later episodes. I just don't know most of the cast now. ;D Wishing you a lovely Easter weekend!

Nadia said...

Lark, it's such a great album :) I know! 20 seasons! That is wild! Exactly! After C left, I just couldn't get into the show anymore. And then Derek dies and I'm like, I'm done. But since it keeps going I thought I'd give it another go and I just can't seem to get on board with all the new people. LOL! Thank you! Wishing you a happy Easter with lots of yummy chocolates :)