.

.

Friday, April 19, 2024

My Friday Five...

1. Books. I'm reading the new Elizabeth Strout book, Tell Me Everything. It will be released August 13th. And, it is terrific! I am loving it! I'm really enjoying having Bob, Lucy, and Olive in the same story - what a treat! Strout is a master storyteller and I am in just in awe of her work. I'm already looking forward to rereading her books. Make sure to check out Tell Me Everything

2.  Tracker. The TV show. My mom got me hooked on it, so now I watch it every week. I was annoyed, because I watch it on Hulu the day after it airs and this past Monday it was not available. Somehow, when they uploaded it, they ended up uploading 60 Minutes instead. Suffice it to say, I was able to watch it the other day and it was such a good episode.  I can't wait for the next one and I heard that the show got approved for a second season. And, thanks to my friend Lark, Lark Writes...on books and life, who also happens to be a fan of Tracker, I found out about the books. How did I not know this? Yep, Jeffrey Deaver has written The Colter Shaw series that Tracker is based on and I MUST now add these books to my TBR list. 

3.  No Spend/No Buy.  I was trying to curb my spending, because needs must. However, I wound up ordering a few bits and bobs recently. And, the guilt is real. Ack! Especially, since it was stationery supplies, which I already have too many of.  Yikes! I don't feel guilty about pre-ordering books, because books are always a Must-Buy. Oh well. I need to just not buy anything now. Wish me luck!

4. TBR book. Banana Yoshimoto has a new book that will be released in November! Woo hoo! I can't wait! It's called, Mittens and Pity: Stories. Yep, it's a collection of six short stories and I just know they are going to be ace. I love her writing, so I am really looking forward to this book. Mittens and Pity will definitely fall under the Must-Buy list. 

5. Music.  James released a new album titled, Yummy. I've been listening to my copy on repeat. I love this band. I heard their music freshman year of college and became a huge fan. I was lucky enough to see them perform in London when I was in grad school. I've been listening to them for nearly thirty years now. They are one of my favorites. 


And now, I'm off to start my weekend. Hope you have a terrific one! Happy reading!


2 comments:

Lark said...

Curbing your spending is always a challenge! I hope you have a great weekend. :D

Nadia said...

Lark, it is! Such a bummer to have to do. ugh. Thank you! Hope you had a great weekend!