.

.

Friday, April 26, 2024

My Friday Five...

1. Mental health. I'm feeling a bit better, which is great. I just need to keep doing all the things that help me, so that I can keep feeling better and better. Wish me luck!

2. TV/Movies. I finally watched the last Spider-Man movie, No Way Home. I thought it was fun, but sad. I'd be interested to see what happens next to Spider-Man. I also watched an older movie that I had seen ages ago, but forgotten about - Only the Lonely. It starred John Candy as a cop living with his mom (Maureen O'Hara). He falls in love with Ally Sheedy. Anyhow, his mom is not happy and breakups ensue. It was fun watching an oldie, but goodie. Now I want to watch more John Candy films and St. Elmo's Fire. Oh, and I was thinking of watching Return To Me - the one with David Duchovny and Minnie Driver - she has his wife's heart. I'm feeling like old favorites are what I need to see right now. They're like comfort food for my brain. What about you? Any movies like that for you? 

3. Music. Taylor Swift. Yes, I listened to TTPD and bought the album. I am a Taylor fan. I haven't listened to the new songs that closely, but truthfully they all sound the same to me. Then again, I thought that her  albums, Folklore and Evermore all sounded the same, too. I feel like she was going for Stevie Knicks vibes with those two albums. And with this new one, it has Tori Amos and Fiona Apple vibes. I love those artists, so I'm digging it. I just need to listen to it again and again. What do you think? Are you a Taylor fan? 

4. Journal. I bought a new one. And, I love it. I started using it straightaway. It's a light grey/blue color with a suede feel. The pages are lined, which I do not like ( I prefer blank ), but I am enjoying it for some reason. I think because it reminds of a dark blue velvet journal I had in college that I loved. That one had lined pages, too. Except, back then I didn't care about lined or unlined pages. LOL!

5. Book. I'm reading the new Mark Edwards book, The Darkest Water. I just started, so we'll see how it goes. I usually like his books, because they are quick and easy reads. I think of them like palate cleansers. I tend to pick those types of books up after reading something substantial. 

And now, I'm off to cross off some to-dos from my list. Wishing you a great weekend! Happy reading!

6 comments:

Lark said...

I'm glad you're in a better frame of mind! And I haven't thought about that John Candy movie Only the Lonely in a very long time. I do love Return to Me. It's fun to revisit favorite movies. :D Hope you have a good weekend.

Nadia said...

Lark, thank you! Me, too. Yes, it is fun to watch old favorites. Thanks! Wishing you a great weekend!

Vintage Reading said...

Have a great week! I find a gentle 20 minute evening yoga stretch great for de-stressing.

Nadia said...

Nicola, thank you! That sounds like a good idea. I was thinking of starting yoga or meditation - something to calm my mind. Wishing you a lovely week!

Ti said...

I love John Candy. I just recently rewatched Uncle Buck but I also love Planes, Trains, and Automobiles.

I wouldn't say that I am anxious, but I am very jittery post surgery. I have more energy now and find that I cannot sit still. Plus, I am not really supposed to with the embolism and all. But I am always moving around. It's a wonder that I can fall asleep at all. So far so good in that dept.

Nadia said...

Ti, me too! I love Uncle Buck - such a good one! I want to see The Great Outdoors - I love him and Dan Ackroyd :)

I get being post-jittery. I'm glad you have more energy now. That's so great to hear. Keeping you in my prayers. :)