.

.

Friday, May 10, 2024

My Friday Five...

1. Sluggish. That is how I felt at the start of the week and I'm still feeling it. Ugh. Thankful the weekend is nigh. 

2.  Book. I read Under the Surface by Diana Urban. I wanted a quick and easy read - this fit the bill. 

The story is about a group of high schoolers who get trapped in the catacombs - yikes! They were on their way to an underground party and quickly realize that things are not as they seem. Uh, oh! Yeah, the premise sounded good, but the execution was 'meh' - I feel like they could have edited so much more of the text - way too wordy! Oh, well. 

3. Podcast. I'm listening to the Scandal rewatch one - Unpacking the Toolbox with Katie Lowes and Guillermo Diaz aka Quinn and Huck. I'm enjoying listening to them talk about the show - makes me want to rewatch - again. 

4. TV shows. I needed a laugh from feeling so sluggish, so I've been finishing my rewatch of Seinfeld. LOLs for days. 

5. Music. None. Since I feel so tired, I need to concentrate more, so I've kept the music off. Ugh. I hate that. I love having music in the background. I'm going to start playing some Beatles today. Especially, since the Let It Be movie on Disney+ today.  Love it!

Wishing you a groovy weekend! Happy reading!

2 comments:

Lark@LarkWrites said...

I'm glad this week is over! It felt really long to me. And I'm sorry Under the Surface wasn't a better book. The catacombs in Paris is such a great setting. I've actually visited them and they are very cool. Hope you're able to get the sleep you need this weekend to recharge your batteries. :D

Nadia said...

Lark, me, too! That is so awesome you visited them. How exciting! I bet that was definitely a memorable experience :) Thank you! Wishing you a lovely weekend :)