.

.

Friday, June 14, 2024

My Friday Five...

1. Declutter. I'm making progress...finally! I cleared out the area behind my desk chair (the windowsill, bookshelves, the floor) and moved all of that stuff to a different area. I did that so I could clean and organize the area behind my desk chair. And, I must admit that I'm rather proud of myself. I feel like my anxiety and depression were really overwhelming me to the point that every time I walked into my office I wanted to walk right out and cry. It just felt like too much to handle. So, to finally make a dent, well, it just feels damn good.  Wish me luck as I continue to tackle the clutter. 

2.  20 Books Of Summer. I'm on book three. I picked up Sipsworth because it's by Simon Van Booy and I loved the cover. I'm enjoying crossing titles off of my reading list for this challenge. 

3.  Journal. I bought a beautiful Smythson journal in their croc leather in a gorgeous green color. It's a B6 size and pretty thick. I've been wanting to write in it, but wasn't able to. I always hesitate to use expensive notebooks, which is ridiculous. I bought it for a special treat and shouldn't be so precious with it, right? That's a bad habit I need to quit. Well, I finally wrote in it and I loved the feeling of it. LOL! I'm wanting to journal like I used to - write it all in one book, instead of parceling everything out into different notebooks. So, that is what I'll be doing in this lovely. 

4. Music. REM. They're being inducted into the Songwriter's Hall of Fame this weekend. CBS Mornings will have an interview with them today and I'm so excited to watch all four band members on the show. REM is my favorite band - have been since high school, so that's about thirty years I've loved their music. So, of course, REM has been on repeat for days.

5. Rain. Ugh. We're in hurricane season here in south Florida, which means rainy season is in. Ugh. Rain, rain, go away! Or at least, don't flood us. 

Alright, well, I'm off to make some more progress in my declutter journey. Wishing you the best weekend! Happy reading!

4 comments:

Lark@LarkWrites said...

Any time you can make a dent in the clutter it's a victory! Good luck with the rest of it. :D

Nadia said...

Lark, thank you! I really appreciate your encouragement :) Cheers!

Ti said...

Oh I seriously need to declutter. It's a morbid thought but when I was hospitalized it occurred to me that I would be horrified if someone had to go in and pack up my stuff, you know, if I didn't make it. Goodness!! That is enough to get the decluttering ball rolling but let me tell you, it's a slow roll.

Nadia said...

Ti, that is morbid, but totally understandable. I feel like a lot of articles I've been reading lately about decluttering talk about that - what will happen to our stuff, who will want it, why burden our loved ones with it all (if its a lot of stuff), etc. Definitely makes you think. And, definitely makes you want to declutter. Crikey, eh?