.

.

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

The Random Reading Challenge

Hi! I have just joined the Random Reading Challenge. I found about this challenge over on the blog, Lit and Life and it just really seemed to hit the spot as to what I was looking for next with regards to my reading. I've been attempting to muddle through Ulysses for Team Ulysses and I have been reading and watching films for the Everything Austen Challenge, so my reading habits have been a tad more focused than I would have them normally be. I am the type of reader who picks up a book based on my mood or if it catches my eye. With this new challenge I will be able to pick up any one of the many, many books sitting about on my shelves that need to be read and finally dive right in! Sounds lovely to me!! Of course, the books that are random will be selected via a True Random Number Generator, which means that I need to just grab about 12 books and assign them each a number (1-12) and then the generator site will pick my book for me. Okay, so maybe the books won't be so random, since they will have to be assigned numbers and so forth, but it will be interesting to see which book the generator picks first. The challenge begins in August and so I will start grabbing books now. For all the details regarding this cool challenge head on over to LitandLife . Happy Reading to all!!! Cheers!!!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Did you get your 12 books picked yet. I cheated a little and only pulled from the books that have been lent to me so I make sure I get to them. Still didn't make a dent in my TBR pile, though :(

Matt said...

I shudder at joining this one because what I read is completely at the mercy of my whim. But it would be fun to see what I generate. :)

Nadia said...

I know! I'm excited to see what the Generator selects for me. Should be fun.