.

.

Thursday, September 17, 2009

BOOK MEME VIA BOOK BLOGGER APPRECIATION WEEK 2009

I have no review to post about today. Right now I am between two books, which is a new one for me, since I tend to usually only read one book at a time. But, hey, its always good to try new things, right? Well, as of now I am part way through Columbine by Dave Cullen and I have to say that I am really enjoying it thus far (as much as anyone can enjoy a book about a real life tragedy). And then there is In The Woods by Tana French which I am slowly reading, because it is taking me a while to get into it. All in all, not bad reading for now. However, for today's post I figured I would answer the questions to this book meme that I found on the Book Blogger Appreciation website. Here goes:
Do you snack while you read? If so, favorite reading snack?
sometimes I do snack - depends on if I am hungry or not. usually its popcorn or something sweet, like a cookie.
Do you tend to mark your books as you read, or does the idea of
writing in books horrify you?
no, I don't really ever write in my books. I used to in college, but not anymore. and so obviously the idea of writing in books does not horrify me - well, I do hate it when people put lines through the text, that is annoying and just plain rude.
How do you keep your place while reading a book? Bookmark? Dog-ears?
Laying the book flat open?
I tend to use whatever is lying around and is handy at the time: receipts, post-it, candy bar wrapper, lotto ticket, etc. I hate dog-earing a page, it just seems cruel.
Fiction, Non-fiction, or both?
both. although truth be told I tend to read more fiction than non.
Hard copy or audiobooks?
most definitely hard copy. I am just not into listening to books.
Are you a person who tends to read to the end of chapters, or are you
able to put a book down at any point?
I am able to put a book down at any point, but I try to finish each chapter and then put it down.
If you come across an unfamiliar word, do you stop to look it up right away?
If I can get through the sentence and have a general understanding of what is going on then I am fine and can wait to look up the word, but if I have no clue as to what it means, then I have to look it up straightaway.
What are you currently reading?
Columbine by Dave Cullen and In The Woods by Tana French
What is the last book you bought?
The Code of the Woosters by P.G. Wodehouse
Are you the type of person that only reads one book at a time or can
you read more than one at a time?
I am normally a one book at a time type of gal, but lately I have been trying to have two books on the go and so far its not too bad.
Do you have a favorite time of day and/or place to read?
I am a night time reader and I usually do it in bed.
Do you prefer series books or stand alone books?
I prefer stand alone books, but there have been the occasional series that have sucked me in.
Is there a specific book or author that you find yourself recommending over and over?
Cat's Cradle by Vonnegut. The Housekeeper and The Professor by Yoko Ogawa and anything by Murakami. Oh and of course the brilliant works of Jean Rhys.
How do you organize your books? (By genre, title, author’s last name, etc.?)
I tend to organize my books alphabetically on one shelf and then by favorite authors and books on another shelf and then I have some miscellaneous books just placed on the shelf by what I would like to read next on another shelf.

All right. Well, that is that. Happy reading to all!!

No comments: