.

.

Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Coming Soon: Manuscript Found in Accra by Paulo Coelho

Check it, people - Paulo Coelho is coming out with a new book titled, Manuscript Found in Accra.  Talk about exciting!!  I've been a fan of his work since I read The Alchemist in grad school; and when I found out he had a new book coming out, well, lets just say I got "Happy, happy, happy." (a la Duck Dynasty's, Phil - and yes, I watch that show).

So, what is Coelho's new book about? 

"There is nothing wrong with anxiety.
Although we cannot control God's time, it is part of the human condition to want to receive the thing we are waiting for as quickly as possible.
Or to drive away whatever is causing our fear. . . .
Anxiety was born in the very same moment as mankind. And since we will never be able to master it, we will have to learn to live with it, just as we have learned to live with storms."

July 14, 1099. Jerusalem awaits the invasion of the crusaders who have surrounded the city¹s gates. There, inside the ancient city¹s walls, men and women of every age and every faith have gathered to hear the wise words of a mysterious man known only as the Copt. He has summoned the townspeople to address their fears with truth: 

"Tomorrow, harmony will become discord. Joy will be replaced by grief. Peace will give way to war. . . . None of us can know what tomorrow will hold, because each day has its good and its bad moments. So, when you ask your questions, forget about the troops outside and the fear inside. Our task is not to leave a record of what happened on this date for those who will inherit the Earth; history will take care of that. Therefore, we will speak about our daily lives, about the difficulties we have had to face."

The people begin with questions about defeat, struggle, and the nature of their enemies; they contemplate the will to change and the virtues of loyalty and solitude; and they ultimately turn to questions of beauty, love, wisdom, sex, elegance, and what the future holds. "What is success?" poses the Copt. "It is being able to go to bed each night with your soul at peace." 

Now, these many centuries later, the wise man's answers are a record of the human values that have endured throughout time. And, in Paulo Coelho's hands, Manuscript Found in Accra reveals that who we are, what we fear, and what we hope for the future come from the knowledge and belief that can be found within us, and not from the adversity that surrounds us.   

Sounds pretty amazing, eh?  Well, to give you a taste of Manuscript Found in Accra, here is the link to the book's trailer: MANUSCRIPT FOUND IN ACCRA.

In fact, after watching that book trailer you will probably be so excited about the book, that I think I should include the pre-order link: PRE-ORDER COELHO BOOK!

And, just to whet your appetite even more, I'm going to give you the link to a sample from the audio book version of the book.  By the way, did I mention who recorded the book?  Jeremy Irons!  Pretty neat, eh?  Check it out:  JEREMY IRONS READS.

Oh, and I will definitely be posting a review of the book right around the release date (April 2nd).  So, check back here and find out just how fantastic the new Paulo Coelho book, Manuscript Found In Accra really is. 

5 comments:

Bellezza said...

I've not read any of Coelho's work, but was sent Manuscript Found in Accra which I'm looking forward to reading. From what I can tell, his beliefs seem spot on with mine which always refreshing. :)

Nadia said...

Bellezza, I've enjoyed his work for years. I think my enjoyment stems from the fact that his beliefs are in sync with mine as well :) I hope you enjoy his new book - I just got my copy today and can't wait to start reading it. I'm looking forward to your thoughts on his work.

Lisa said...

I looked at this one for review and seriously thought about it until I remembered that I had exactly the opposite reaction to The Alchemist that you did. For the life of me, now I can't even remember why.

Nadia said...

Lisa, I know what you mean - there are books that I know I don't like, but I have no idea why ( I just can't remember ). My friend Kris feels the same way you do about Coelho - he's just not everyone's cup of tea :)

Tamara said...

I love Paulo's work and have been waiting for something new - thanks for the notice.. I might even have to pre-order it. It does sound as inspirational as his others. The setting is also very attractive, as I find he's so capable of describing the settings so I can feel myself there. I'll look forward to your review also.