.

.

Thursday, October 1, 2015

Library of Souls: The Third Novel of Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children by Ransom Riggs

(Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book!)

about book:

The adventure that began with Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children and continued in Hollow City comes to a thrilling conclusion with Library of Souls.  As the story opens, sixteen-year-old Jacob discovers a powerful new ability, and soon he's diving through history to rescue his peculiar companions from a heavily guarded fortress.  Accompanying Jacob on his journey are Emma Bloom, a girl with fire at her fingertips, and Addison MacHenry, a dog with a nose for sniffing out lost children.

They'll travel from modern-day London to the labyrinthine alleys of Devil's Acre, the most wretched slum in all of Victorian England.  It's a place where the fate of peculiar children everywhere will be decided once and for all.  Like its predecessors, Library of Souls blends thrilling fantasy with never-before-published vintage photography to create a one-of-a-kind reading experience.

my thoughts:

Talk about one of the best series ever!  What an ending!! OMG!!!  I absolutely LOVED this final book about Miss Peregrine's Peculiar Children - it was FANTASTIC!!

Filled with adventure, fantasy, history, and so much more - this story makes for quite the reading experience.  I swear this series will have you traveling back in time with some of the most fascinating "peculiar" children you'll ever meet.  Plus, being back with Jacob is simply the best!  How I've missed him and his staunch determination!  I have to admit that this story is darker and creepier, so beware.  Of course, I loved the elevated spook factor, along with the must-see vintage photos - they added an extra level of mystery and a bit of the uncanny.  This book was truly a treat to read.  And, it was quite the finale in such an exciting and thrilling series. 

I know that I haven't revealed much, but I can't.  I don't want to ruin it for you.  Library of Souls is a MUST-READ for fans of this series; which means that you need to read it for yourself to fully experience its greatness.  I think fans will love the way Riggs' ended this wonderful and addictive series.  I know that I was sad to say goodbye to these "peculiar" children and their world.  I will definitely be re-reading these books in the future.  And I can't wait to read more of Riggs' works.  By the by, did I mention how cool the book cover is - and I don't mean the dust jacket.  The book's cover is filled with the signatures of all our favorite characters, including Addison!  Pretty awesome, eh?

Hope you enjoy Library of Souls as much as I did!!  Happy reading!!

2 comments:

Dot said...

I've not read any of these, think I will have to get the first one!

Nadia said...

Dot, you have to read these! You will definitely enjoy them :)