.

.

Monday, April 10, 2017

Gone Without A Trace: A Novel by Mary Torjussen

Displaying Gone Withour a Trace cover jpg.jpg
(Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book!)

about book: (release date April 18th)

 A jaw-dropping novel of psychological suspense that asks, If the love of your life disappeared without a trace, how far would you go to find out why?  
 
Hannah Monroe's boyfriend, Matt, is gone. His belongings have disappeared from their house. Every call she ever made to him, every text she ever sent, every photo of him and any sign of him on social media have vanished. It's as though their last four years together never happened.

As Hannah struggles to get through the next few days, with humiliation and recriminations whirring through her head, she knows that she'll do whatever it takes to find him again and get answers. But as soon as her search starts, she realizes she is being led into a maze of madness and obsession. Step by suspenseful step, Hannah discovers her only way out is to come face to face with the shocking truth...

my thoughts:

A complex story chock full of twists and turns that will have you turning pages faster than you can say, "psychological thriller".  Gone Without A Trace by Mary Torjussen is an exciting and thrilling  read that you won't want to put down. I gobbled it up in one sitting and enjoyed every minute of it. I am just loving these books with the slow reveal that manage to turn everything on its head and shock you - they are so much fun to read.

In this book, Hannah comes home from a business trip to find her boyfriend, Matt, gone.  Like, gone without a trace.  All of his belongings have been taken from their home.  His social media presence no longer exists.  I mean, he is gone - disappeared.  Say what?!  Hannah is beyond shocked and hurt.  WTF!!  She wants to know what happened.  Where is he? Why did he leave? Did something happen? Talk about a mystery to solve.

Soon, Hannah's life is consumed with tracking down Matt and finding an explanation for his disappearance. She asks her friends and family for any information or ideas they may have.  She neglects her job, her hygiene, her self and focuses only on finding answers.  It comes to the point that you can't help but wonder who Hannah is.  Her behavior is questionable and she displays disturbing and unbalanced tendencies.  You can't help wonder how much of what Hannah thinks/knows is real.  Yep, this is a story of an unreliable narrator and I loved it!

All I will say is that the ending was not what I expected, which I loved. The slow-going pace of the novel added a layer of tension to the story that made it even more suspenseful.  The characters are all unlikeable - I can't stand Hannah, but I want to know her story.  This is truly and addictive read. I couldn't stop reading until I got to the very end - I was hooked!  

Gone Without A Trace is a great read for fans of Gone Girl and The Marriage Lie - you will most definitely enjoy this book! Check it out!!




Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book!

2 comments:

Lark said...

This does sound like a fun read; and I'm glad the ending wasn't disappointing. Too many times in books like this one it's good all the way up until the end, and then the ending is stupid and ruins the whole thing. I hate books like that. :)

Nadia said...

Lark, it was a fun read. Something light and easy to get lost in for a few hours. And I know what you mean - there are so many books just like that lately and its so annoying to get through them. I hate books like that, too :)