.

.

Sunday, November 11, 2018

The Diary by Vikki Patis

(Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:

‘I know all your secrets, Lauren.’

Lauren has spent years running away from her home town, her childhood and the memories of her best friend, Hannah.

Until the tenth anniversary of Hannah’s death forces her to return home and to the group of friends she abandoned there. It should be a quick visit, just so Lauren can pay her respects.

At home, Lauren finds Hannah’s old diary. A diary full of secrets. The terrible things Lauren did, the lies she’s told, the reason she ran away. And she receives a message:

‘I don’t know why you’re back, but I know why you left.’

But no-one else has seen the diary, and Hannah’s dead, isn’t she?

A suspenseful psychological thriller full of twists and turns – you won’t be able to stop turning the pages of The Diary. Perfect for fans of The Sister, The Girl on the Train and We Were Liars.

my thoughts:

Wow! What a thrilling read! I just loved The Diary by Vikki Patis - it was fantastic!!

Suspense-thrillers with a psychological bent are my jam lately. I just love how fascinating they are - the way the characters are all flawed and unreliable; the secrets that are slowly reveals that can make or break the theories I've been coming up with; and the shocking twist and turns that truly throw me for a loop.  I just love it all!! And, The Diary has it all.

Its been ten years since Lauren's sister, Hannah has died.  There is going to be a memorial.  She never goes home.  In fact, she has her father visit her where she now lives in Cornwall with her girlfriend.  Lauren doesn't want anything to do with her hometown or the past.  Except, she knows its time to go back.  Its times to revisit old wounds.  However, she doesn't expect for the visit to turn into a living nightmare.  Seems that her sister left behind a diary and someone has been reading it.  And, they aren't going to let sleeping dogs lie, nope they want revenge for Hannah.  They want Lauren and her old friends to pay.  They want to make sure that they know they are responsible for Hannah's death.  And, that is all I will write about the story.  You just have to read it for yourself to find out what happened to Hannah, and what secrets Lauren and her friends have been keeping for years - secrets they are terrified will ruin their lives.

Patis has written a terrific thriller that will captivate. I found myself unable to stop reading the book - it was unputdownable!! I loved getting to know Lauren and her family - the ugly truths and the horrible realities.  The little town she grew up in and the horrible things that happened there.  This book had me on the edge of my seat and I enjoyed it so much.  The Diary was such a fun book.

I would happily recommend it to anyone and everyone looking for their next great read - you will LOVE The Diary!!

Thank you to the publisher and NetGalley for providing me with a copy of this book!

No comments: