.

.

Tuesday, November 6, 2018

The Hunting Party: A Novel by Lucy Foley

(Thank you to the publisher and Edelweiss+ for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:


my thoughts:

A group of best friends gather for New Year's every year - its their way of ensuring that they at least get together once a year, considering they are all adults now and have actual adult lives keeping them busy.  This year Emma has chosen a place called The Lodge - its in the middle of nowhere, has cabins for each of them (they are all coupled up, except for Katie), provides meals and hunting activities. Everyone is excited, but also a bit stressed out.  Too many things happening in life and they aren't as close as they once were.  So, the weekend is a bit of a mixed bag with tempers flaring and secretes being revealed.  And then, a body is found.  Yep, someone dies and it seems that one of the "bffs" is responsible for killing one of their own. Yikes! Talk about a friendship gone awry.

Foley has written a fun, engaging suspense-thriller that has a bit of mystery, tons of drama, and loads of betrayals. I absolutely LOVED it! The writing was spot on and the characters were unlikeable - which is the best combination. Oh, and their history - full of lies and secrets. All in all, The Hunting Party made for a great weekend read.  I loved curling up with it and a huge cuppa.

I would happily recommend The Hunting Party to fans of Lucy Foley and anyone looking for their next great read - you will LOVE this book!!


Thank you to the publisher and Edelweiss+ for providing me with a copy of this book!

3 comments:

Lark said...

Snowed in....historic blizzard...psychological suspense. I'm in! :D

bermudaonion said...

I love the premise!

Nadia said...

Lark, I know, right!! Talk about a fun read :)

Kathy, it was definitely better than I thought it would be :)