.

.

Thursday, November 21, 2019

We Met In December: A Novel by Rosie Curtis

(Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:

Following a year in the life of a twenty-something British woman who falls hard for her London flat mate, this clever, fun, and unforgettable romantic comedy is the perfect feel-good holiday read.

Two people. One house. A year that changes everything. 

Twenty-nine-year-old Jess is following her dream and moving to London. It’s December, and she’s taking a room in a crumbling, but grand, Notting Hill house-share with four virtual strangers. On her first night, Jess meets Alex, the guy sharing her floor, at a Christmas dinner hosted by her landlord. They don’t kiss, but as far as Jess is concerned the connection is clear. She starts planning how they will knock down the wall between them to spend more time together.

But when Jess returns from a two-week Christmas holiday, she finds Alex has started dating someone else—beautiful Emma, who lives on the floor above them. Now Jess faces a year of bumping into (hell, sharing a bathroom with) the man of her dreams…and the woman of his.

my thoughts:

Holiday romance novels are my jam. I absolutely LOVE to devour them along with a huge cuppa and some yummy sugar cookies.  Talk about the perfect combination - a love story during Christmas and some delectable treats.  What more could I ask for? Luckily, I was able to indulge in both thanks to Rosie Curtis' fantastic book, We Met In December.  Yep, I received the book and began reading it when November hit.  I made myself a delicious coffee and enjoyed some yummy sugar cookies as I settled on down to follow the story of Jess and Alex.  It was seriously the best reading experience this holiday season.

Jess lives in London and has moved into a house-share.  Being that Christmas is nigh, her landlord hosts a dinner for the roommates.  And who does Jess meet...Alex.  He's the guy sharing her floor in the house and he is most definitely someone she can picture a future with.  Yep, Jess is smitten with a capital, "S".  Except, when the holidays end, she finds Alex dating the woman who lives on the floor above theirs. Say what?! Seems like maybe Jess and Alex aren't on the same page when it comes to their romantic inclinations...or are they?

We Met In December is a sweet story that you won't want to miss. I absolutely LOVED it!! I would happily recommend this book to fans of romance stories - you will fall in deep with this one.

Here's the link to the TLC Book Tour schedule for: We Met In December
Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!


4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

I won copies of this for my book club so I'm glad to see it's sweet and fun!

Lark said...

Sounds like a perfect Christmas vacation read....am adding it to my list. :D

Sara Strand said...

Thank you for being on this tour! Sara @ TLC Book Tours

Nadia said...

Kathy, awesome!

Lark, definitely!

Sara, thanks!