Happy New Year!! 2022 is here and I am ready for it. Or at least I am telling myself that I am. Last year was rough (an understatement), so I am looking forward to a fresh start. I am setting up my planners, reading a new book (These Precious Days by Ann Patchett), cracking the spine on a new hardcover journal by this British shop called Choosing Keeping that I just discovered, and I'm finally using my green Montblanc pen. I am also figuring out what resolutions to make for the new year, or if I even want to make any. Let's be honest, I tend to forget about my resolutions a month after I make them, so should I even bother? And then there's the whole idea of choosing a word for the year. Hmm...resolutions...words...what to do? I'm thinking of choosing bookish resolutions and then taking it from there to see if I want to bother with life resolutions. What do you do? Do you make resolutions? Do you pick a word for the year? Or, do you just start the year like it's just another day?
I'm thinking for my bookish resolutions I will aim for the following:
- Read. My reading was awful last year and I want that to change. I want to fall back in love with books. Don't get me wrong, I'm still reading, but just not like I used to (which was all the time) and it has been the worst. And the thing is, I'm still buying books all the time - I'm just not reading them. So, yeah, I need to work on that. Especially with so many wonderful books coming out this year - the new Antoine Laurain is on my list and I can't wait for it!!
- Stop buying books. Yep, I need to stop buying and starting reading what I already own. The only exceptions will be new titles by my favorite authors (Antoine Laurain) and limited editions that I come across of my favorite books. That's it. No more buying books randomly online or at Target - that mindless shopping is over.
- Cull my books and donate the ones I don't want.
- Reorganize my bookshelves. It needs to be done.
- Subscribe to literary magazines. I used to love doing this, but haven't in ages. I figured it could be fun to try it again.
- Focus on my book blog via the blog and IG. I've neglected it far too long and I want to get back on track with it.
- Read. The main resolution is to read. Just pick up a book and read.
What about you all? Any new books to recommend? Resolutions you are excited about? Let me know.
And now, I'm off to read an essay in Patchett's book. Happy reading!!
I've been going through my bookshelves and reorganizing, too. And I also want to read the books I already own before buying more. Happy New Year, Nadia! :)
Lark, Happy New Year!! Yes to the reorganizing of bookshelves :) And, reading what we own is the best way to be more minimal and to appreciate what we already have, right? Good luck to you with your resolutions!! :)
Post a Comment