.

.

Friday, March 4, 2022

100 Countries, 5000 Ideas: Where To Go, When To Go, What To See, What To Do by National Geographic

(Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!)


about book: (summary from Goodreads)

In this fully revised and updated edition of the best-selling 100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas, find where to go, what to do, when to visit, and more for the top destinations around the world. Filled with new content, 11 new countries, and brand-new photography from National Geographic, you’ll find everything you need to plan your next globetrotting adventure. Travel to Vietnam where you can paddle Ha Long Bay and temple hop on a tuk tuk city tour. In France, visit well-known Parisian spots, then make your way to the off-the-beaten Dinan (France’s only walled city) and the Loire Valley. In South Africa, find yourself in an urban oasis in Cape Town before heading on a safari adventure. Go to the ends of the Earth in Chile before hopping a boat to cruise a glacier-filled bay. And history buffs will be fascinated by a three-country WWII tour. Whatever your pleasure, this rich guidebook has the trip--and country--for you. Complete with essential tips like when to go and what to bring, you’ll be packing your bags and crossing off bucket list destinations in no time.

my thoughts:

I am dreaming of traveling. My notebook is filled with a vacation wish list of all the places I want to visit. I can taste the open road. And, then reality sets in and I'm back to armchair traveling. My vacation wish list will have to wait...for now.  So, that is why I read about faraway places - to get my travel bug fix. Luckily, I was able to get my hands on National Geographic's latest edition of 100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas. Talk about the perfect travel guide!

Chock full of gorgeous photographs from all over the world, showcasing the beauty surrounding us all - this book will have you fantasizing about all the places you MUST visit ASAP. From Vietnam to South Africa to France - your vacation wish list will become never-ending. OMG! And, the information the guide provides - tidbits and facts about what to do and when to go are exactly what you need when planning out your trips. I just LOVED this book so much! It is the perfect travel guide!

I would happily recommend 100 Countries, 5,000 Ideas to anyone and everyone looking for their next read - you will LOVE getting lost in this book! Check it out!

Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!

2 comments:

Sara Strand said...

Thank you for being on this tour! Sara @ TLC Book Tours

Vintage Reading said...

Sounds lovely. I think the pandemic has made everyone year to travel.