.

.

Monday, September 12, 2022

Three Things...

 1.  Books. So many books. My TBR is falling over, because all I seem to do is add to the pile. Yikes! I need to read them, not just collect them. So, I am trying to force myself to pick up a book or five from the piles of books that make up my TBR list - and I'm being honest when I tell you that it is not easy. I've noticed ever since COVID came into the world that my reading plummeted. I'm serious. Instead of reading book after book during quarantine, I read nothing. And now, a few years later, I am still finding it hard to pick up a book and read. Instead, if I'm lucky, I read old favorites and maybe an occasional new-to-me book. However, my old habit of reading a book a day has vanished. And yet, my penchant for buying books has not stopped. So, like I mentioned earlier, I am going to make myself read all the books piled up around me. Wish me luck!

These are some of the books I have piled up:




Not a bad selection, eh? I'm thinking of going for the King book. I do love me some King, especially with Fall nearby. 

2.  2023 Planners. OMG! Everywhere I turn people are obsessed with figuring out what they are going to use next year. Hobonichi, Nolty, Midori, OURS, Stalogy for bullet journaling...and the list goes on. I'm going to be honest and admit that I couldn't help but get caught up in all the excitement. So, I did place and order (or two) for some Hobonichi planners. I also bought a Moleskine Weekly planner with a Missoni cover, that I am now regretting, because I discovered the Leuchtturm 1917 Weekly planner which is way better. However, I'm also considering a pocket-size Nolty weekly planner. Oh, and did I mention I was even thinking of getting some inserts for my rings planner. Ack! What is happening to me? When did I get so caught up in all this planner frenzy? And, why do I need so many planners? 

3.  Music/TV.  REM, The Beatles, and music from the 90s playlists on Pandora has been on repeat lately. I am craving familiar tunes and these are the ones hitting the spot. As for TV, well, I am still watching Real Housewives - when will I ever learn that these ridiculous shows are just too ridiculous? I'm on season four of The Real Housewives of Melbourne. I'm also watching Southern Charm - this cast is the worst. I really do need to stop watching this show. I LOVED Only Murders in the Building season two - such a fun show! I'm looking forward to their next season to find out whodunit. I keep adding shows to watch on my Netflix and Hulu accounts, but then I never watch them. So, I started to re-watch The X-Files and have really been enjoying it. I did buy Northern Exposure on DVD, so I might start watching that - I really loved that show, but never finished it. What about you? What have you been listening to or watching on your screen? Any recommendations for me? 

I have Shiny Happy People playing, so I thought I'd include the video for it. Gotta love REM. 



Alright, I just wanted to have a quick catch up of sorts. Hope you are all doing well. Take care and happy reading!!

No comments: