.

.

Friday, October 21, 2022

The Secret Garden of Yanagi Inn: A Novel by Amber A. Logan

(Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book!)
 

about book: (summary from Goodreads)

Cracked doesn’t always mean broken.

Grieving her mother’s death, Mari Lennox travels to Kyoto, Japan to take photographs of Yanagi Inn for a client. As she explores the inn and its grounds, her camera captures striking images, uncovering layers of mystery shrouding the old resort—including an overgrown, secret garden on a forbidden island. But then eerie weeping no one else in the inn seems to hear starts keeping her awake at night.

Despite the warnings of the staff, Mari searches the deep recesses of the old building to discover the source of the ghostly sound, only to realize that her own family’s history is tied to the inn, its mysterious, forlorn garden . . . and the secrets it holds.

my thoughts:

Wow. Just wow. What an excellent story! I absolutely LOVED The Secret Garden of Yanagi Inn by Amber A. Logan - it was amazing! The story is a retelling of the beloved classic, The Secret Garden, and it is ace. I mean it. Logan knocks it out of the park with her creative and beautiful writing. I was hooked right from the start and LOVED every minute I spent reading this book. It was just such so damn good. I found myself parceling out my reading of it, because I didn't want it to end. I just loved reading all about Mari and the Yanagi Inn, the creepy atmosphere, the idea of ghosts, and just everything the story had to offer - it was just the best. The Secret Garden of Yanagi Inn reminded me why I love to read. 

Okay, so what happens in this story? Mari's mother has died from cancer. She's deep in grief. So, she heads to Japan for a job - taking photographs of Yanagi Inn. She explores the grounds and captures beautiful shots of the mysterious Inn. Yes, the Inn has a reputation, a haunting one. As Mari looks around the place, she discovers a secret garden that is overgrown and located on a forbidden island. She also hears weeping. Yep, the sounds of weeping keep her up at night. Except, nobody else hears it. So, who or what is making that eerie sound? Yikes! Mari has definitely managed to find herself smack dab in the middle of a mystery and she is determined to solve it. Especially when she learns that her family has ties to the Inn. Whoa! Talk about family history haunting you. 

Logan has created a wonderful story filled with loss, family, ghosts, and secrets. It will captivate you right from the start. I know that I was hooked all the way through. It truly is a wonderful story. Make sure to check it out ASAP! You are going to fall in love with it!!


Thank you to the publisher for providing me with a copy of this book!

No comments: