.

.

Friday, March 1, 2024

My Friday Five...

1. The 100 Day Project. So far, so good. My plan for the project was to write a blog post a day and I've actually written the blog posts. I'm shocked with myself, but proud, too. I've written posts for both of my blogs and it has felt great. I'm really hoping that this project will get me hooked on writing posts, so that I can be more present with my blogs. Fingers crossed! In the off chance that I do not complete the 100 days of blog posts, I also have these small watercolor cards that I could paint on for the project. So, kind of like a back up idea for the project. Sounds pessimistic, but if I'm honest that was my initial idea for the project, but I only just received the cards and well, writing was my other top idea, so....blog posts it is. 

2. Books. I find myself reading more, which I am really enjoying. Normally I grab the remote and get lost in a reality TV show (Housewives, Summer House) or an old favorite TV show (The West Wing, Sopranos, Lost), but lately I have been reaching for my current read. And, I am loving it. I feel like I have fallen back in love with reading. Here's to hoping it sticks!

3. My bookshelves. I have been shopping my own stash when it comes to which book to read next. Don't get me wrong, I am still buying new books and downloading some onto my kindle - I can't help it! However, I have also been grabbing books off of my own bookshelves. It's how I wound up reading, A Bookshop In Berlin, and chose One Of Us for my current read. I also like that it reminds me of all the wonderful titles sitting on my shelves waiting to be read. And, it goes to show that I do have good taste when it comes to books. LOL!

4. Planners. I bought way too many planners (again) for the new year. And lo and behold we are in the year and I am barely using my planners. I don't know why I always feel the need to have one planner for each thing that I can think of that will need a planner - what is wrong with me? I think it's my excuse for trying out all the different planners everyone is talking about. Anyhow, I am honestly only using a few of the ones I bought: a6 Hobonichi Hon (One Piece edition) for my gratitude, Smythson Weekly in Forest green for my general planning (everyday stuff, appointments, etc.), weeks Hobonichi (One Piece edition) for my dad's medical stuff, TN weekly for bills/budget, and a Mark & Fold weekly for my book blogs. Okay, so that is quite a few. Plus, I am using some of the ones I bought for random things just so I'm using them. In reality, I probably only need three total: gratitude, finances, general. Next year I am planning on sticking with just three total. At some point I will get to one only. 

5. No spend on stationery. Well, that has been a fail. I didn't want to buy anything new in the stationery category in 2024, because I wanted to use up my stuff. I planned on only buying books. Except, I have broken the no spend already. I bought a new Hobonichi cover - a5 Tragen. I've also purchased pens, markers, stickers, and some other things. Ugh! I really need to stop. So, I am going to do just that starting now. Wish me luck!

And now, I'm off to pick up a magazine to read. I have a pile sitting nearby that I want to get through. Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Happy reading!

2 comments:

Lark said...

Yay for getting so many blog posts written for your 100 Days Project. That's awesome. And I should do more reading from my own shelves, but I'm seriously addicted to library books--I always check out way too many at one time and it's a very hard habit to break. ;D

Nadia said...

Lark, thank you! I really appreciate it :) yes, to reading from our own shelves! And, yes to library books! LOL! :)