.

.

Monday, April 22, 2024

Monday Musings...

Vertigo hit me this past weekend and it really sucked. I haven't had it in a while, so I had forgotten about it until now. I should have seen it coming though. My depression hit me so hard a few days ago. I mean, it scared me how awful it felt. Anxiety showed up as well. The two always seem to come hand in hand. So, yeah, I should have know that vertigo would strike. When I'm that bad mentally, it tends to show up, too. Ugh. I'm just grateful that I knew what it all was. In the past, when I had no clue what was happening to me...that was terrifying. So, the positive is knowing what is going on and knowing what I have to do to get through it. I just hate that I have to deal with any of it. Ugh. 

I finished watching Tracker this morning. It was such a great episode. I'm really liking the show more and more. I'm going to order the books and read the series. I have to find out what the deal is with Colter's family. I just don't believe that his brother killed their father. And, also, what is the mom hiding. Plus, where is the sister? And, why is Colter so ready to believe his brother is a killer? I have so many questions!

I finally finished the new Elizabeth Strout book, Tell Me Everything. I loved it. The writing was superb and the storytelling was excellent. I really enjoyed having Lucy, Bob, and Olive in the same book. Familiar characters are always a special treat. Olive and Lucy finally meet and all because Olive had a story she wanted to share with Lucy, a writer. From that point on, they meet up to share more stories with each other - stories from people they once knew, or even their own stories. Stories that are referred to as "unrecorded lives', because the truth is that everyone has a story and people never get to hear it or know it.  I'm still thinking about this book and to be honest, I can't wait to read it again and again. In fact, I want to re-read all of Strout's books again and again. I just love her writing. Her stories always make a deep  impression on me. 

Anyhow, I must get to it. I hope you are having a great start to the week. Happy reading!

2 comments:

Lark said...

Vertigo sounds like the worst! I don't like feeling dizzy or sick to my stomach. Ugh. I hope it doesn't strike again this week. I'm glad you're liking Tracker. It's such a fun show. I'm currently reading Deaver's third Colter Shaw novel and really enjoying it. (Though there's a lot of differences between in and the TV series.) Have a great week. :D

Nadia said...

Lark, it really is. Thanks! Me, too! Yes, Tracker is so good! I have so many questions. What really happened to his dad? Why did his parents take them to live off grid? I can't wait to find out more. I'm so glad to find out the books are good, too :) I'm curious about the differences. Hope you have a great week, too!