.

.

Friday, April 5, 2024

My Friday Five...

1.  Books. I've been reading new to me authors and the books have been a bust. I need to stop buying new books and just read the ones on my shelves. I need to start reading authors I love and re-reading my favorite books. I need to do this, because I want to enjoy reading again.  And these new books are not helping me enjoy reading. 

2. TV shows. I finally found myself enjoying Grey's Anatomy. I remember loving it when it first came out, but then Cristina's character left and Derek's died, and well, the show just didn't feel the same anymore. So, I stopped watching. And, then I found out they are on season 20, so I decided to start rewatching it. Once again, I fell out of love with it, but I persevered and now I'm on season 19. And, I'm not liking it - I just don't care for the new characters. So, I'm thinking of stopping...again. LOL!

3. Planners. I realize now that I only need 4 separate planners instead of the several that I purchased. I need them for: general, finances, book blogs, and gratitude. Although, now I'm thinking I might combine the general and book blogs ones. I'm sharing this, because I just bought another planner that arrived yesterday. The one I should have bought all along for my finances, instead of the two I bought last year. Ugh. I need to remind myself to always keep it simple. 

4. Weather. I woke up to a scary sounding thunderstorm the other morning and it freaked me out at first. That weather always reminds me of hurricane season, which I dread (it starts in June) - ugh! Anyhow, when it calmed down, the clouds remained and so did a chill. And now, we are in for a cold front, which I am enjoying. I live in South Florida, so chilly weather is always a treat. 

5. Music. I've been listening to Madonna and Phil Collins lately. But now I'm craving Neko Case after hearing it on an IG post. I love her voice and haven't listened to her music in awhile, so I think it's time to grab my Neko CDs and crank up the volume. 

Hope you have a great weekend! Happy reading!


2 comments:

Lark said...

When you've had a run of disappointing reads with new authors that's definitely the time to return to favorite books and authors. And why is it so hard to read the books already on our shelves? I'm always drawn to new books, too...even if I've just checked them out of the library. Hope you have a relaxing and enjoyable weekend! :D

Nadia said...

Lark, so true. I know, right. I feel like I keep buying new books to add to my shelf of unread books and it has to stop. LOL! Thank you! I'm wishing you the same :)