.

.

Monday, August 12, 2024

Monday Musings...

I finally finished the new Murakami book, The City And Its Uncertain Walls. And now I'm trying to figure out what to read next. Part of me was thinking of rereading an old favorite like A Confederacy of Dunces, but then another part was thinking of picking up something new. I'm just not sure. Hmm...

I've been watching this last season of New Jersey Housewives and it has been horrible. The toxicity is beyond. Then again, it's been getting worse for years now. Bravo needs to reboot or cancel. I remember I used to love the shows on Bravo, but lately they are just too much negativity. Ugh! All you see are women yelling and conniving - it's like an over the top soap opera. 

My sister is moving away and it's making me sad. We've been helping her pack and get ready to make the move and it's getting more emotional the closer we get to the moving date. Ugh. 

Anyhow, I need to straighten out my office now. It's a mess...again. I brought over an office chair and floor lamp from my sister's that she was going to get rid of. And, my marble table that she borrowed nearly ten years ago. LOL! So, now I need to reconfigure my office layout. Hmm...

Wishing you a lovely start to the week! Happy reading!

2 comments:

Lark@LarkWrites said...

I'm sorry your sister is moving away...I know it's probably a good thing for her, but it's very sad for you. And there's so many reality shows I just can't watch any more because they are SO negative and toxic. Who needs more of that in life? Here's hoping you find a good book to read...and have a really good week!

Nadia said...

Thank you, Lark. I keep telling myself it's for her benefit, so I need to be happy for her :) And yet, I keep tearing up. I know what you mean - these reality shows are CRAZY toxic. They need to reboot them all and focus on the good things in people and life. Thanks so much! Same to you!