![]() |
| (Thank you Titan Books for providing me with a copy of this book!) |
about book: (summary from Goodreads)
Once upon a time, three young sisters survived a catastrophic house fire… Years later, one of them disappears and then another and it is left to the eldest sister to find out whether something else survived… A dark, twisty, page-turning modern gothic horror from the multi award-winning author of The Cold House.
When sisters Chloe, Zoe and Dido were children, their father died and their mother could no longer care for them, so they were sent to live with the local doctor’s family: mother, father and three sons. Soon after, however, Ashwood Farm burned to the ground, and only the three young girls survived.
Years later, the sisters live very separate lives, each dealing with their painful past in different ways. But when first Chloe, and then Zoe disappears, it’s left to Dido to rake through their history and find out if her sisters are still in the world or paying the price for what happened that long ago summer night.
my thoughts:
Love, love, loved Fitcher's Bird by A. G. Slatter. I found myself settling in and gobbling up this lovely short novel in one sitting. It was the perfect read for a rainy evening - a dark fairy tale mystery that intrigued me right from the start. I found myself easily engaged with all three sisters, Chloe, Zoe, and Dido. Their history, their disappearances, and their lives, which were full of sadness, loss, and horror with a splash of hope. I loved the power of the folk tale and how one's faith in it could garner power within. I don't know the Grimm's fairy tale of Fitcher's Bird, but from what I read in Slatter's story I want to read it. I just loved how this story felt like a story - it swept me away and ignited my imagination and reminded me how much I love fairy tales.
I would happily recommend Fitcher's Bird by Slatter to fans of her work and to anyone looking for a great new read - you are going to LOVE this novella to bits! I know I did. Make sure to grab a copy and dive right in ASAP - you won't want to miss out on this delicious story. It's quite a gem!
Thank you to Titan Books for providing me with a copy of this book!

No comments:
Post a Comment