The heat is back and it is even more unbearable than before. Ugh. And yet, I drag myself out of bed and make sure to walk in the early morning - hoping for some cool breeze, but getting stifled by the humidity instead. Oh well, needs must, right? I have to get my steps in - LOL!
The neighborhood is getting in the festive mood of Halloween. I see more and more decorations outside of each house - this year it's all about ghosts for some reason. We went the skeleton and spiders route instead. I did see the coolest Frankenstein - very tall (of course) in an autumnal plaid blazer looking like he was ready to dance it out. I loved it! Oh, and the other morning it was still dark outside when I went for my walk I thought I saw some other people walking towards me. I thought to myself who is that, and then laughed when I realized it was one of those giant garage poster decorations of zombies. It looked 3D in the dark and so I thought they were people walking out of the house. LOL! Talk about trippy.
Oh, and I finished a book - a spooky one for the season, although it really wasn't that scary thankfully:

I'm still dipping in and out Ghost Stories by Siri Hustvedt. It's about loss, grief, and love - so it's taking me awhile to get through. I am loving it though, so I'm glad I'm taking my time with it.
I'm not sure what I'll start next, but I'm loving that I have gobbled up two books recently - makes me feel like my love of reading is ignited once again. Hurrah!
The West Wing is the show I've decided to rewatch for the nth time. I love it and it makes me smile. Of course I need to watch the new Tracker episode that premiered last night - I can't wait! I love Colter!
Alright, I better get started at my desk. Wishing you all a great Monday. Happy reading!
No comments:
Post a Comment