.

.

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Under A Silent Moon: A Novel by Elizabeth Haynes

(Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:

Devour the Book
Connect the Clues
Discover a Killer

P. D. James meets E. L. James in Under a Silent Moon, this first novel in an exciting British crime series—a blend of literary suspense and page-turning thriller that introduces formidable Detective Chief Inspector Louisa Smith—from suspense talent Elizabeth Haynes, author of the bestselling Into the Darkest Corner.

Two women share one fate.
A suspected murder at an English Farm.
A reported suicide at a local quarry.
Can DCI Louisa Smith and her team gather the evidence and discover a link between them, a link which sealed their fate one cold night, Under a Silent Moon?

A tense, compelling and unsettling novel brimming with source material and evidence set over just six days, Under a Silent Moon will keep you gripped until the very last page and asks:

Can you connect the clues to discover the Killer?

Solve the crime alongside DCI Louisa Smith and her team.

my thoughts:

Normally I'm a huge fan of Haynes' works (Into the Darkest Corner, Human Remains) - I just love the way she writes about such difficult and often disturbing topics (with brutal honesty).  So, I couldn't help but get excited at the prospect of jumping into her new book, Under A Silent Moon.  Its the first in a new series she's writing and it deals with a police intelligence analyst (think CSI). From the blurb on the back, it sounded like it was going to be quite an intriguing read.  Unfortunately, I never got that far into the book.  For some reason, I just could not engage with the story at all.  I found it to be somewhat confusing and didn't really enjoy reading the procedural aspect of the investigation.  I never connected with DCI Louisa Smith and didn't really care what happened to her.  As much as I wanted to enjoy this book, I found that I couldn't.  It was a DNF for me.

But don't listen to me.  According to other bloggers, this book is a terrific story filled with loads of twists and turns that will keep you guessing until the end.  Check out what else they had to say about Under A Silent Moon here.
Thank you to the publisher and TLC Book Tours for providing me with a copy of this book!

4 comments:

Brandie said...

Sorry to hear you didn't enjoy this one, Nadia.

I do really like the cover of this one, though! :)

Ti said...

It sucks when you can't engage with the characters or story.

Nadia A said...

Brandie, the cover is pretty cool, but the story itself just didn't grab me. Oh well.

Ti, it really does.

Heather J @ TLC Book Tours said...

Darn, I'm sorry to see that this one didn't work for you but thanks for being a part of the tour!