.

.

Tuesday, July 29, 2014

My Birthday Wish List

My birthday is nigh (its in early August) and that means BOOKS.  Yep, I am wanting me some new reads to celebrate turning another year older.   The only problem is deciding which books  - there are just so many good ones to choose from.  Here's my wish list thus far:


I read a review of this and it just sounded so good.  Working at a publishing house and dealing with Salinger - pretty exciting stuff.

The title alone makes me crave this book - me want!

I love the cover and everything I've heard about it makes me wonder why I haven't already read it.  Its about a family tragedy which means family drama (which I love to read all about!).

As a Latina who pursued higher education this book is most definitely one that I need to read ASAP.  

Learned about this book via my copy of Elle magazine and it just sounded like a book I would gobble up - twenty-somethings living in NYC.  Its a book version of Girls (or at least that is what I'm hoping). 

My friend Meredith posted about this book on her site, Dolce Bellezza and after reading her review I knew I had to read it.  Of course, anything Meredith recommends I usually love - so, I'm really looking forward to this one.

An apartment in Paris - need I say more?

I'm a huge fan of The Pioneer Woman and already own her other two cookbooks and am just missing this one.  I love cooking her recipes - the food always tastes DELICIOUS!

It's

Ann

Patchett!

Hemingway in Paris with all his friends (Fitzgerald, Stein, Pound, Dali, Picasso, etc) - why wouldn't I want to read this book?

Wallace posted a mini-review of What Remains on her site, Unputdownables, and after reading it, I realize that I want to read this book.  Especially, since I'm a fan of Radziwill's - I love the NYC Housewives and I really enjoyed her novel, The Widow's Guide to Sex and Dating.














What do you think?  Its a pretty diverse wish list, eh?  Do you have any recommendations?  Have you read any of the books I mentioned?  If so, tell me what you thought of them. 

9 comments:

Brandie said...

Great list and such a good variety! I hope you get them all. :)

Heidi’sbooks said...

Ann Patchett is always a go. But, I have 2 books of hers on my shelf that I haven't read yet. What? I need to get busy reading.

Ti said...

I have heard good things about the Salinger book.

I think you have a good list here. I am counting the day to Murakami!! I may have to call in sick that day.

Nadia said...

Brandie, thanks! And, I hope so as well :)

Heidi, she definitely is. And, I'm the same - I have two of her books sitting on my shelf waiting to be read. What am I waiting for!?!

Ti, me too. I read an excerpt and really enjoyed it. Thanks :) And, I know what you mean - Hurry up, August!! We need Murakami!!

Holly (2 Kids and Tired) said...

Great variety. I think you should get them all for your birthday! I'm curious about A Paris Apartment.

Lindsey said...

This looks like an awesome bday wish list. I am collecting all of Patchett's works and so many of your other books are on my tbr list. I hope you get a bunch of them for your birthday!

Nadia said...

Jade, which one caught your eye? And, thanks for the heads up on A Moveable Feast ;)

Holly, thanks - I hope I do :) And, I'm pretty curious about A Paris Apartment as well.

Lindsey, so glad to see I'm no the only Patchett fan wanting to collect all of her works :) I hope get some of those titles, too. Cheers!

Bellezza said...

How did you find such interesting looking books? A Paris Apartment appeals to me, but you know that I loved Lost for Words as well as A Moveable Feast.

I see Amerikanah in your sidebar which I just got from the library. Began the first page in the dentist's office today and liked what I read. Let's talk when we finish?

xo

SIMON PATCHIN said...

I was married for 16 years to a loving mother and wife. We had 2 children together who are now 11 & 13. I reconnected with an old girlfriend from college on Facebook and we began an affair and I left my wife. The woman I had an affair with is a wonderful woman and I love her too and our kids had begun accepting the situation and my wife has kind of moved on, but not in love with the man she is seeing. I thought I fell out of love with my wife and I felt terrible about what I did to her - she is a good woman and I don't know what came over me. I decided to try and get her back and I was recommended to Lord Zakuza for help to get reunited with my wife and within 48 hours after I made contact with Lord Zakuza my wife decided to work things out with me and now we are back together with our children living as one happy family... I really don't know the words to use in appreciation of what Lord Zakuza did for me but I will say thank you sir for reuniting I and my family back. For those in trying times with their marriages or relationship can WhatsApp Lord Zakuza for help or text with this number +1 740-573-9483 or you can send him an email to Lordzakuza7@gmail.com