.

.

Thursday, July 3, 2014

What I'm reading...

This is what I'm reading right now...
and I am loving it!!  This book is driving me crazy, because I just want to shake some sense into Hadley.  Why on earth would she invite her husband's mistress to Antibes?  What was she thinking?  Did she really believe that this would save her marriage? Ack!!  And what about Fife (the mistress) - she's supposed to be Hadley's best friend!!  I have to admit that reading Fife's section in the book is making me smile - she deserves to be miserable and insecure over her marriage with that cad, Nesto.  I swear, I am so in deep with this book!  Not only am I getting emotionally invested in these characters (who are based on real people), but I am getting the itch to finally read some more Hemingway.  I remember loving his short stories in the book, In Our Time and marveling over his  novel, The Sun Also Rises.  The latter makes me ache for Spain - I need to go!  And, I did read The Old Man and the Sea, but I haven't read anything else by him.  Hmm...I'm not sure which book to choose...I'm thinking A Moveable Feast (especially since I'm all about Paris this month).  What do you recommend?

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

So glad you're enjoying it - it's such a great book! I definitely wanted to read more Hemingway after reading it, too. I think you might lead more toward A Movable Feast once you get to the end ;)

Nadia said...

Shannon, it is!! I am just loving this book and getting caught up in all of their drama!! Thanks - looks like A Moveable Feast will be the one :)

Rayna said...

I should really read this one - it sounds great! A few months ago I visited Hemingway's house in Key West (which is now a museum and adorably overrun by the descendants of Hemingway's cats). It inspired me to read Old Man and the Sea for the first time, so I'm thinking this novel would be the logical next step. :)

Nadia said...

Rayna, I've been there as well. I wished I could have looked at his book shelves up close :) Definitely check this book out - you will love it!!

bermudaonion said...

This must be good since you want to shake a character in it!

Ti said...

Your enthusiasm over this book cracks me up!!

Literary Relish said...

Mini reviews are such a good idea and thanks for these recommendations! I barely have time to blog nowadays so I might take this technique up :) I also loved Ruby...though it was a tough read. Definitely a must read.

Nadia said...

Kathy, it is soooo good!! I think you would really enjoy this book.

Ti, thanks - I can't help it! This is just such a great read that I can't help but get so emotionally invested in it :)

Literary Relish, definitely try mini reviews - they make me feel less guilty for not posting full reviews for each book - plus they give me more time to read. And Ruby is a tough read, but so worth it - agreed!