.

.

Monday, June 26, 2017

Three Things...

1.  Slow blogging.  Its a thing and I'm all over it.  And yes, it is exactly what it sounds like.  Blogging at a slower pace.  This means that I will keep blogging, but I won't be stressed out over making sure I have a post up every day.  I won't worry about reviewing every single book I read.  And, I won't wonder why I have zero comments on some of my posts.  Slow blogging is all about finding balance and peace with regards to blogging.  I love it and I'm staying smack dab in it.  Its all about slow blogging here at A Bookish Way of Life.

2.  Paris in July.
https://thyme-for-tea.blogspot.com/2017/06/paris-in-july-addiction.html

Its back, but not in full swing. There will be posts about all things French in July, but there is not an actual event anymore.  Tamara (the host of Paris in July) has decided to keep it "low-key" this year.  Meaning that she'll be posting her French connections during the month of July and is inviting us to join her.  We can leave links to our posts in the comments section on her blog, Thyme for Tea, or on our blogs.  I love the stress-free feel and plan on joining in.  In fact, I already have my first book picked out:
https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/32887869-a-paris-all-your-own?ac=1&from_search=true

3.  #OneBookJuly.
Okay, so I've seen this "#OneBookJuly" everywhere lately.  People are gearing up and I'm wondering what all the fuss is about.  So, I looked it up.  Apparently, this is a challenge where you choose one planner/journal to use for the month of July.  You put everything in that one book - appointments, schedules, journal entries, drawings, ideas, etc..  It sounds like a good idea, so I'm going to give it a go.  I have a huge planner and I have tons of journals.  And yet, I keep looking for a better planner or a new journal.  Ugh. Its an addiction.  Anyhow,  I'm thinking that I want to try and use my new Midori journal as my go-to for July.  Wish me luck!

Happy reading!!

11 comments:

Brona said...

Slow blogging sounds perfect to me...& the journal idea sounds interesting - maybe that will give me my mojo back?!

and I'll see you at Paris in July :-)

Nadia said...

Brona Joy, I know right. Slow blogging is where its at lately :) I'm hoping the journal idea gets me to start keeping a journal again. Yes! Paris in July :)

bermudaonion said...

I embraced slower blogging at the first of the year and enjoy blogging so much more ever since I did. I hope you do too!

Nadia said...

Kathy, I'm embracing it now and absolutely loving it. Thanks! I'm glad you are enjoying it :)

Laura in Texas said...

Kathy - I have the very same planner/journal addiction and also constantly looking for more of each! I am using the Hobonichi Techo Planner and its my best one yet.
Love you're blog -- Laura

Brandie said...

Slow blogging is definitely the way to go! I've been living that slow blogger life for awhile now, and it's so much less stressful. :)

Nadia said...

Laura, I think you mean me (Nadia) and not Kathy. Unless you really do mean Kathy, because she does have an awesome blog, too :) Thanks for stopping by!!

Hi Brandie, I know what you mean! I love slow blogging. Its way better and so much less stressful. I find that I even want to blog more :)

Lark said...

Slow blogging...that's what we all need, I think. It certainly makes life less stressful and blogging more fun. Kudos to you! I'm going to try and slow blog, too. :)

Nadia said...

Lark, it is. Definitely! Thanks :) Let me know how much you love it when you try it :)

Ti said...

So there's a name for what I've been doing all this time?? LOL. I've always blogged on my own schedule. I did have to cram my reading in last night because I left a book for a book tour until the very last minute. I don't why I scheduled a book tour right after production week.

Nadia said...

Ti, I know, right? :) I try to blog at my own pace, but tend to get suckered into all those books tours that always sounds so appealing. Of course, I'm then struggling to get all the books read in time. Ack! So, I've decided that I will finish out the tours I committed to and just slow blog from here on out. You are definitely smart to just blog at your own pace and not get so bogged down. You must have really wanted to read that book if you scheduled it like that :) Hopefully it was a great read and worth it. I'm heading over to see which book it was.