.

.

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

My Rad Life: A Journal by Kate Schatz and Illustrated by Miriam Klein Stahl

(Thank you to Blogging for Books for providing me with a copy of this book!)
about book:

An inspiring, empowering journal that encourages its owners to think, create, reflect, and explore their own radness. 

A companion to the New York Times bestsellers Rad American Women A-Z and Rad Women Worldwide, this cool guided journal draws from a number of the “rad” women featured in both books, while also including a diverse range of new women, all of whom come to life via inspirational quotes and paper cut portraits. Blank pages invite doodling, lined pages encourage writing, and a collection of thought-provoking prompts encourage users to get to know themselves better by recording their thoughts and ideas on paper.

my thoughts:

I am a journal addict, so I was super excited to receive My Rad Life.  Especially, since I LOVED Kate and Miriam's previous book, Rad Women Worldwide.  I just knew that this journal would be a treat to write in.  And I was absolutely right.

My Rad Life is filled with fantastic illustrations of inspiring and amazing women who make great role models for anyone.  I'm talking about Venus and Serena Williams, Susan Sontag, Patti Smith, Alice Walker, J.K. Rowling, Michelle Obama, and Audre Lorde to name a few.  Plus, the journal includes quotes and prompts to help get you thinking about your "rad" self.   I loved the positivity flowing through the pages of this book - it was truly inspiring.  You can't help but want to write down your ideas, your feelings, and anything else that pops into your head.  This journal is seriously a fun way to express yourself.  I really loved it!

I would definitely recommend to all you journal lovers to get your hands on a copy of My Rad Life - you will absolutely enjoy writing in it.


I received this book from Blogging For Books for this review.

No comments: