.

.

Friday, March 15, 2019

My Friday Five...

1. Books.  My reading has fallen to the wayside.  So, to ramp up my reading mojo, I read some magazines and am currently re-reading All These Wonders (and am LOVING it even more this time round).  I've also added some new-to-me books to my TBR list:

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40607235-the-path-made-clear?ac=1&from_search=truehttps://www.goodreads.com/book/show/40604819-what-would-maisie-do?ac=1&from_search=true

https://www.goodreads.com/book/show/41720088-era-of-ignition?ac=1&from_search=true

2.  TV shows.  Real Housewives is where's it at for me lately. I am loving Beverly Hills - OMG! Its all about a rescue puppy. Apparently, Dorit got a rescue dog from Pump's dog place and the dog bit her kids and husband. So, she gave the dog to some woman who promised a happy home for it. Well, the dog wound up at a shelter and Pump's business got a call since they chip all of their dogs - even the ones they wind up getting a home for. Pump was upset that the dog wound up in shelter. And now, everyone knows and they are all in a tizzy. It is crazy!! Over on NYC, Luann is still upset with Ramona and Dorinda, so she is icing them out. And the new lady on the block, Barbara is stirring up trouble left and right. It is so much fun to watch!!  I'm also back on TWD - Daryl and Beta!! OMG!! What a battle!! Can't wait to see what happens at the fair.

3.  News.  Parents getting arrested for buying their kids' into college. I'm not shocked at all and am happy they are all getting busted. I only hope the other cheaters get busted, too. I have no problem if you are rich and can afford to send your kids to privates schools, get them tutors, and all that jazz. However, when you have to pay a chunk of money to buy your kid into school - that is just wrong on so many levels. What do you think?

4.  Journals.  My obsession is getting even worse. Not only do I keep buying journals and journal covers, but I am now buying junk journals, too. Ack! I can't seem to help myself. I have two journal covers on the way from Chic Sparrow and an awesome junk journal on the way from Char DeRouin (found her on IG).  The craziness must end. So, I am going to try and force myself to use what I own.  I think I'll switch out my journal covers every month, so that way I can go through what I have and actually use it. I have my daily journal (gratitude), my real journal (all the feels go into this one), my creative journal (quotes, poems, songs, etc.), and my devotional journal (I just started these - I bought two devotionals and want to journal about what I read).  Oh, and I have a journal where I put quotes from the Joel Osteen books I read. And, I have my memory journal.  I also want an art journal - where I can just draw and collage.  Oh, and I was thinking of starting a glue book - where you just glue cool images.  Plus, I have another journal I just started for my writing - stories I'm working on. So, you see - so many journals. Ack!! I think that I am trying to get my cluttered brain organized with all of these journals, but it might just be too much. What do you think - how many journals are too many?

5. Music.  The Beatles are in my head again. Along with Stevie Wonder, Phil Collins, and Natalie Merchant. What a mix!



And now, I'm off to journal about this crazy week. Take care and happy reading!!

4 comments:

bermudaonion said...

A lot of people around here have been talking about the college admissions scandal. I think people with money are so used to getting whatever they want they think it's okay.

Lark said...

I checked out my first Maisie Dobbs book last Friday. I haven't started it yet, but I'm looking forward to reading it. Happy journaling! :D

Nadia said...

Kathy, it is so crazy! And, I totally agree with you, too.

Lark, OMG! Let me know what you think. I hope you like it as much as I do :) Thanks!! Happy reading to you!!

Ti said...

That university admittance scam is too much. I bet it goes far, and wide. What is going to happen to the admins who took the bribes?? Right now, my son (as of this moment) has been accepted to two schools we don't qualify for one penny of financial aid. Makes going to college very difficult. I don't have any pit y for the elite who chose to buy their way in.