.

.

Tuesday, January 10, 2023

Drowning in Books...ack!

As bibliophiles we love to read and we love to buy books, right? And, if we are lucky enough, we may get our hands on ARCs, as well. The problem is...do we keep them all? Now, if you have the shelf space and coffee table space, then yes, keep them all, right? But, if you don't have the space; or, if you don't want your home to look like a secondhand bookshop - what do you do? I'm at the point where I feel as if I'm drowning in books and I'm not liking the feeling at all. Don't get me wrong, I love all my books and the idea of getting rid of any makes me ill, but needs must, right? So, the question is, how do I decide which ones to get rid of? Hmm...here's my list so far...

The Keepers:

Absolute favorites reads

Favorites authors

Special editions

Series that I LOVE

Self-help books

The Donations:

Books I regretted reading

DNFs

Books I will never read again

"Meh" books

The Not-so-sure books:

ARCs that I never reviewed (oops!)

Duplicates

Galley proofs

Self-help books 


What do you think? What do you suggest? How do you decide which books to keep or get rid of? Let me know, please. I am currently in the middle of a decluttering phase and I am about to start going through my books - yikes! 

Hope you're all having a terrific day! Happy reading!


No comments: