.

.

Friday, March 15, 2024

My Friday Five

1. Books. I'm currently reading something a bit more lighthearted...

I love his No. 1 Ladies Detective Agency series (which has a new book coming out in October - woo hoo!). So, I thought it would be fun to give his latest book a read. It's about a matchmaking company in Edinburgh - should be a treat to read. 

2.  TV shows. I watched the last reunion episode for The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and it was a bust. Nothing major was revealed. The only surprise was that Sutton and Garcelle left early - this was due to Sutton almost fainting (how scary!) and needing to get checked out at the hospital. I feel like they need to revamp the show - new cast members are needed and some of the current cast should be put on pause. 

3. Decluttering. It's not going well. I need to just force myself to do it. Why is it so hard? If I'm not using it or haven't used it in years, why am I convinced I need to keep it? Ugh!

4. Music. Listening to Mazzy Star, The Cranberries, and Smashing Pumpkins lately. I'm feeling nostalgic and music from my college years is hitting the spot. 

5. Anxiety and depression. They're back and settled in. I'm hating it. I'm working hard to fight them. Wish me luck.

And now, I'm off to read for a bit. Hope you have a wonderful weekend. Happy reading!

2 comments:

Lark said...

Decluttering is hard! Especially if you're feeling depressed and anxious. That cloud makes everything harder. There's a poster on my refrigerator called Reminders for Hard Days that I read often when I'm struggling. You can see it here at this link (I hope): https://wholeheartedschoolcounseling.com/product/free-social-emotional-learning-support-poster-and-video-reminders-for-hard-days/
Be kind to yourself this weekend! :D

Nadia said...

Lark, it really is. Thank you! I love this poster! Definitely needed to check it out :) I really appreciate your comments - they definitely lift me up.