- My mom's 60th birthday party was a success - hurrah! She enjoyed getting to see her family and friends and dancing the night away. My sister and I were going crazy all last week and the day of the party trying to sort out last minute details - it was stressful, but well worth it all in the end. Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves - lots of eating, drinking, and dancing. It was such a great night.
- Murakami didn't win the Nobel, again. UGH! I'm getting so annoyed by this - why can't they just recognize that his writing is worthy of a Nobel?!? At least I have his new book to look forward to:
- I've become obsessed with watching Oprah's Super Soul Sunday shows - they are so good! I always find myself feeling inspired afterward. The one with Elizabeth Gilbert was great! I loved her coffee can story - I've been repeating it to family. And, I've started my own coffee can.
- The Walking Dead has begun and I am hooked. That show just gets better and better. I loved watching the gang get out of Terminus. I loved watching Carol be such a badass. I loved watching Daryl and Carol reunite - and Carol and Rick. And, I really loved seeing Morgan at the end of the episode. This season is going to be AMAZING!!
- Sophie Kinsella and Alexander McCall Smith both have books coming out this month and I am super excited about it. I love the Shopaholic series and can't wait to find out what Becky Bloomwood is up to now - especially as she is in Hollywood! As for Precious Ramotswe, I am so eager to learn about what new cases she is solving and how her family and friends are faring in beautiful Botswana. October is going to be a great reading month!
- I've been listening to the new James CD, La Petit Mort, for days now and find myself loving it more and more. I first discovered this band in college and have been listening to them ever since. I was lucky enough to see them perform at Wembley Arena in London during grad school - they were fantastic live! Here's one of my favorites by them:
And now, I'm off to tackle the rest of my Friday. Hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy reading to all!!